Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SURVEY: Children think bacon comes from a "bacon plant"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfdog
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	80E84079-B272-48AF-9407-947116B11D95.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1126733

Leave a comment:

• WillTravelForFood
    commented on 's reply
    Technically, bbqLuv is a vegetarian - except all the vegetables happen to be converted into something tastier by magical animals.

Remember, you are what you eat -- and as long as you eat those magical vegetarian animals, you too can be considered a vegetarian

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    That t-shirt is so funny, where can I get one.
    My wife just shook her head.

• ofelles
    replied
    ComfortablyNumb being our farming expert should have the final say in this!

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Well, bacon does come from a plant, aka processing facility or factory.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Cooties are real. Scratch that.

• pkadare
    replied
    Serendipity. As I'm reading this thread, I'm wearing this t-shirt. Taking into account that kids these ages also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and cooties, this isn't really surprising.

Name:	bacontrees.png
Views:	142
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	1125261

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Of course bacon comes from a bacon orchard aka trees. I’m glad somebody got things right around here finally. Ham bush is nice, but everybody knows ham comes from a box like pancakes.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

Name:	bacon tree.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1125250

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    It doesn't? Well that explains why that bacon tree I bought never produced

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    To see the world though a child's eyes... they picture the living animal, and probably think 'edible' means can you go up and take a bite out of it.

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    • Cows, Pigs, and Chickens were said to be inedible by 77%, 73%, and 66% respectively
    that tells me that Parents don’t know how to cook cows, pigs, & chickens 77%, 73%, & 66% respectively….

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    My 5 year old knows bacon comes from a pig’s belly. Ive educated him!!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Foolz....its brought by kindly old elves....

Leave a comment:

• SURVEY: Children think bacon comes from a "bacon plant"

A survey suggests children (age 4-7) may not know where their food comes from.
    • Over 2/3 believe that bacon comes from a plant
    • All animal-based foods were mis-identified by at least 30% of children
    • Cows, Pigs, and Chickens were said to be inedible by 77%, 73%, and 66% respectively
    • 46% of kids think French fries are animal-based
    The researchers admit that some of the survey results may be skewed merely due to the age range and lack of food knowledge of the young participants

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here