Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How do you like your Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thought . . . .

My Mexican brother grew up on cajeta sammies and eats them to this day. A frequent spread mix is crema de cacahuate or Nutella with cajeta. it's all good!

Comment

Someone mentioned earlier wonder bread. As a child, we had "snoopy bread" aka butternut.

@troymeister
      @meathead

(off the top of my head, I cannot recall my other Chicagoland pit masters).

Was that a thing for you?

Comment

Thick cut Sara Lee Artisan bread, White or potato or wheat, soft margarine spread on both slices. Jif creamy- very thick. (Scoop up a small dollop for a taste with the tip of the knife) Red raspberry jam is open now, blackberry is next, Apple jelly is in the rotation, as is grape. Toast is in rotation also, about 1 day a week.
        Knife goes from margarine to PB to jelly or jam after wiping on edge of bread between each. Then a careful lick. This is workday breakfast or me in cooler weather.
        For an extra treat- 3-4 pats of real butter in a small dish or cup, huge scoop of Jif, couple spoons of grape jelly-stir with knife, cutting the butter into small pcs. The PB being room temp-softens the butter. Spread thickly on bread-eat open faced. Only eat this way about once a month (the dish is hard to clean)
        Time for a second cup of coffee and a PB&J sandwich to get the morning started.

Comment

White bread, creamy PB and grape or raspberry jelly. Smashed down flat.

Comment

Whole wheat with crust and not toasted, Welches grape jelly, Smuckers natural creamy. The Smuckers ingredients are peanuts and salt. I use the back of a spoon to spread first the jelly, then the PB. No licking until I’m finished building the sandwich. In the college days that was considered a great breakfast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here