Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabulous stroganoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabulous stroganoff

Troutman , finally got around to trying this recipe and it did Not disappoint!!! My wife and I absolutely loved it with the layers of flavor it will be a favorite from now on! Thanks so much!!! Next time I’ll try some smoked chuck I think 🤔
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C2F8D0C4-CA53-467C-B959-79F3FF803E55.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	1071508Click image for larger version

Name:	1B3B3485-E557-444B-B7B7-779544DF8EB9.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	1071507

Where's this recipe??

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, where is it?

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rib-stroganoff
    Huskee
    DavidNorcross

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Ask you shall receive.

Yea come on Huskee, get with the program

Great job marshall picture perfect !! One of my favorites!!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I searched but your recipe isn't in this channel, it's in beef, hence my confusion.

Hmmm...we love various stroganoffs, but the amount of dairy in most of them doesn't agree with SWMBO. This one looks like its not too heavy, so I'll have to try it!

Comment

Troutman marshall about how much meat did you wind up putting in? I didn't see (or missed) that in the recipe... Damn my eyes...

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        I ended up using 1 lb of ground burger because that’s what I had on hand, it seemed to be a good proportion to sauce.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea looking back at my own recipe I can’t believe I omitted that Dan Deter . Looking at my rib rack I’d say a pound to a pound and a half should work. Also the use half and half in place of whipping cream cuts down on the dairy richness and works equally as well.
        Last edited by Troutman; August 3, 2021, 08:24 AM.

• Dan Deter
        Dan Deter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Guess you were just too busy taking pics of the rib goodness

Oooooh. Bookmarked the recipe. I have one more package of short ribs in the freezer. How important is the smoke step? I'm thinking of making it even simpler with that warm-up step in my cast iron on the stovetop.

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t smoke anything but can only imagine that would take this recipe up a few notches, I’m definitely going to smoke something next go at it!
        I did add smoked paprika yo my ground beef though

Just pulled a cuppla beef shorties out of the freezer for a shot at this on the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by marshall View Post
        Troutman , finally got around to trying this recipe and it did Not disappoint!!! My wife and I absolutely loved it with the layers of flavor it will be a favorite from now on! Thanks so much!!! Next time I’ll try some smoked chuck I think 🤔
        Click image for larger version  Name:	C2F8D0C4-CA53-467C-B959-79F3FF803E55.jpeg Views:	70 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	1071508Click image for larger version  Name:	1B3B3485-E557-444B-B7B7-779544DF8EB9.jpeg Views:	74 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	1071507
        DUDE - STOP with those kind of pictures. My keyboard is now covered in drool.

Comment

Hmmmmm. I’m craving this now! Excellent cook!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here