Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would Be Your Last Meal On Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandma’s lasagna

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to argue with something that grandma made

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at all tryin to be facetious, but, ...

Can ya replicate Her lasagna???

I find, one of th hardest things to dial in on, is Ancestral, Traditional, Familial meals...

Mebbe, it's a trick of th Memory, or mebbe, I'm jus a dumbarse... (poll?)

Watched em do it, likely thousand times, cain't master it, most times...

Inspiration is a Good Thing, allegedly...(.or mebbe it's jus a candied up name fer th "Walk of Shame" ...

BTW gotta a Receipt ya might be willin to share???
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 27, 2021, 09:59 PM.

If it's going to be my last meal anyway, might be a good time to try some fugu.

It is estimated that each year in Japan, there are between 20 and 40 cases of poisoning courtesy of the fugu fish. Symptoms from poisoning include dizziness,

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Uh, think I’ll pass.

• gboss
      gboss commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had fugu a handful of times in Japan. It was always an "experience" eating it, but I found the fish itself rather bland. Nothing wrong with it at all, but the price was always high compared to other more delicious fish, in my opinion.

My mom’s fried chicken and mashed taters, dad’s cornbread, my grandmother’s fried pork chops, my wife’s sausage balls, my bbq’d ratatouille and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for dessert.

I don’t even care about the amount of transfat or cholesterol, blah blah blah, it’s my last meal. 🤤

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      You got that right! Screw the cholesterol, parents and grand parents cooking is always the best.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Mom’s fried chicken is the bomb .... I can almost choose that over what I did choose.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      QUIT!!! Y'all makin me involuntarily salivate all over th dang danged place, an I'm tryin to git my Happy Arse bout tipsy enough that sleep might be achieved; don't wanna fire up no stove, or cooker ,at this time....so, jus QUIT! LOL

Thanks to y'all, might take th Peace Pipe...

Dorkwads!!!

HUGE box of Junior Mints. Going out on a sugar high has to be special.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      weird as hell. 😂 pretty much makes me look normal.
      Last edited by Panhead John; April 26, 2021, 04:06 AM.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone else thinking of Seinfeld?

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint; it's delicious!

I would start off with a boneless leg of lamb, my mother in laws potato salad, my wife's roasted beets and garlic bread and closed out with my mother's rice pudding.

Comment

Ok, I don’t do "bests" and the like anymore. Context plays a role. Would I want my last meat to be jackfruit or lemon sorbe if I just vomited for the last 6 hours? Would I want cucumber or pineapple juice if I had the runs for two days?

how long after the meal will death be here? Is death instantaneous or is dying going to take a while? Will I be laying in a pool of urine or other matter for any length of time?

the above questions and many more come to mind when I reference "context" in determining what I want to eat.

With that being said...... I will revert back to what other here have heard me say about my childhood.

1st... never make friends with the goat in your backyard.

2nd... never get boxed in my hungry chickens and mean roosters while taking out the trash and eating a pickled pigs foot.

3rd.... Nanas crunchy taters in chorizo with over easy eggs and home made tortillas and salsas. Served with whatever leftover protein from the night before with her AMAZING RICE AND BEANS. That is the food that lead me to cooking today so that would be my choice.

I have been chasing that food for decades. Still can’t make like her.

And a big gulp.... sized Old Fashioned.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Respect...

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s a place in jersey city that started selling go cups of grown up slushies- old fashioned, negronis etc. best brain freezes I ever had.

Easy, A few B-Dubs mango habenaro boneless wings to get things pumping, Prime Rib with au jus, King crab legs with drawn butter. lettuce salad with Scornovacca’s Creamy Ramano dressing (actually probably the first thing I’d down), a few Panera Bread French baguettes and white cheddar au gratin potatoes. A little Classic Frozen Custard butterscotch to fill in any voids and a plethora of good Old Forrester to make me forget it all was the last pleasure on this crazy asteroid.

Comment

For me it would be the one just before I die.

Comment

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Skippy Peanut Butter of course and some great homemade blackberry jelly.....

Comment

Probably a sushi appetizer, a simple pasta course- maybe cacio peppe, a big ass steak w heirloom tomatoes and fresh mutz salad and smashed potatoes. Wine for each course. Vanilla ice cream w a splash of bourbon on top for dessert.
            Last edited by JCBBQ; April 26, 2021, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Cabbage rolls, a meal I've always enjoyed more than most.
              Especially the rolls from the old Lambton Tavern. My Grandmother and mother made fantastic rolls but not as good as the old guys at that tavern.
              Half a dozen iced cold draft to wash em down and I'm ready for the firing squad.

Comment

Two Cold River Vodka Martinis to Start
                Penfolds Bin 407 Cabernet with dinner
                2 Inch Thick Prime Porterhouse with Sauteed Mushrooms and Bearnaise Sauce on the Side
                King Crab Legs
                Creamed Spinach
                Gruyere Potatoes
                Iceberg Wedge with Blue Cheese Dressing
                My Wife's Chocolate Chip Cookies Fresh From the Oven

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yeah! 👍

• GroceryBoy
                  GroceryBoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now that’s a meal, starts off with cocktails and ohhhhhh the red wine!

There is a bakery in Staten Island NYC that makes the most unbelievably good focaccia bread with caramelized onions on top. I think that focaccia warmed up then sliced in half to make a sandwich with either fresh brisket or fresh mozzarella and prosciutto di Parma. Make two sandwiches at that point who’s counting?

Comment

I would want my wife's delicious meatloaf and her homemade pecan pie for dessert. No ice cream on the pie as I'm trying to cut back on sweets!

Comment

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup.
                    You don't want the pallbearers to blow a nut either....

Kale salad - since I'm going to Hell, might as well get used to the diet.

Comment

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Meet ya there, I'm going to the section that serves the roofing nails and broken glass diet.

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ComfortablyNumb Heard that one, except everyone was standing smoking cigarette's.
                    The ending went...."Breaks over, everyone back on there heads"

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here