Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Slave Labor Makes Great Lamb Mechoui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Slave Labor Makes Great Lamb Mechoui

So, I forced my lovely 13 year old daughter to make me dinner tonight.

Okay, not really. We decided we wanted to cook together and we wanted to do something fun. We had a boneless leg of lamb handy, grabbed the few things we needed (fresh cilantro and parsley, for example) and went to town. We followed Meathead's Lamb Mechoui recipe from Amazing Ribs.

Here's some pics of the process. Also, we got a "I like this" from my wife, who has said for years that she really doesn't like lamb. Score!

Also, Karyn (my daughter) discovered, and made, the Parmesan couscous that we had as a side. Let me know if you want the technique for that. It was the bomb.

Also, in keeping with the theory that we don't want the Hasty-Bake getting lonely while we enjoy the new WSM, this was another awesome Hasty-Bake cook. Best damn grill, ever!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ecowper; July 9, 2016, 08:05 PM.

Is that "double peace" signs or "please pay me" signs???

We raised sheep. Not all made it to complete maturity.

Lookin' goooood!!

Comment

Yeah, Karyn did seem to be sending signals for help

Comment

Great looking cook your beautiful daughter put on that plate. Kudos to her and my sympathies to you. Get a gun. Been there done that!

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          She did a fine job. All I did was the actual direct grilling, per her request. And yeah, I've got a shotgun. Learned from her older siblings.

Good for you ecowper ... There's nothing more fun than having your kids as your BBQ buddy. That's a good bonding scenario.👍

Your food looks really great.👍

I like your stemless wine glasses and I have that same trash can in picture #1. That's the coolest trash can on the plant! Opens with a wave of your hand. How cool is that. My dog, Da Boz, the trash can robber, hates, hates, hates that trash can. He can't figure out how to open it.👍 When I saw it at Costco I thought this thing will drive Da Boz mad.😎
        Last edited by Breadhead; July 10, 2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          The stemless wine glasses are great. We used to break a lot of them before we got these. Yep, that trash can is great. Dunkin, our younger Lab, is a trash can robber. And this thing drives him batty, too. :-)

ecowper it looks like she is really enjoying herself cooking with her dad

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          We had a lot of fun!

What a cutie pie you had for a BBQ helper, ecowper ! It makes me miss those days with my girl. Now she owns her own grill.

The meal looked awesome too. I'm with your wife--a little standoffish about lamb, so if this dish won her over, it's worth a look.

Thanks for the writeup and the wonderful photos.

Kathryn

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc Karyn is my youngest. Oldest is off to college. She was a great helper, for sure.

Give this lamb a try and see what you think. It's Meathead's Lamb Mechoui recipe. The favors are really bright. Also, I didn't make harissa. But we have some hot sauces from Ecaudor that worked really well.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here