Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian Sausage Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mix Italian sausage with ground meat for meatloaf, then smoke in your smoker of choice.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup.

Italian sausage and pepper pig in a blanket. Cook and cool sausage. Cut into 3-inch (approx) pieces. Slit down the center lengthwise not quite to the bottom. stuff in a slice of roasted red pepper then a piece of mozzarella. I always have string cheese on hand for my kids, so I cut them in half and quartered the halves lengthwise and it was perfect for stuffing. Cut a small piece of Pillsbury French Bread Dough and wrap the sausage. Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Dip in some hot marinara.

Comment

Use it in your favorite chili recipe.

Comment

There was talk of pickled sausage a couple days ago.

Comment

I use the spicy Italian sausage on my pepperoni and sausage pizza. It also goes in a tortellini sausage soup we like as the weather turns cold.

Comment

Brown the Italians on the grill. Take a single loaf bread pan and line the bottom with pizza sauce and a layer of mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of the same. Put the Italians into this mess then add another two layers on top of them. Put the pan on the grill and cook at 325 or so until everything is bubbling.

When they're done put one of the Italians on a bomber bun and ladle it with the cheese/sauce mix. It's an Italian sausage taste that simply can't be beat. Save the leftover pan of the mix to put on just about anything, especially scrambled eggs, truly heaven on earth.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man. So simple. Yet I never even dreamed of it. My butcher has fresh house made Italians on sale this week. Gonna do this!

• MTurney
              MTurney commented
              Editing a comment
              Man that’s like comfort food wrapped in a giant pizza! Sounds amazing!

• ribeyeguy
              ribeyeguy commented
              Editing a comment
              They really are amazing. While I love the Italians the best part for me is the leftover goo. I put it on/in just about everything I eat for the next few days

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here