Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sausage making cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage making cookbook

I would like to try my hand at making sausage. Brats, hot dogs, andouille, breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, Texas hots

Can anyone recommend a good book.

when I got into pizza making the Fornish books were great with both the why's and how's

Check out meatsandsausages.com for tons of recipes and how to's. As for actual cookbooks, I'm sure someone else will have some insight.

Comment

• Irishfuente
      Irishfuente commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

This has a lot of good basic information on the Basics. Also "PS Seasonings" is a good website.

Michael Ruhlman
    + Follow Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing (Revised and Updated) Hardcover – September 3, 2013

Comment

+1 on the Ruhlman book. I also have this one. To be honest I need to do more than I have, I love charcuterie...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sausage Making.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	709888

Comment

This one works for me....
        Attached Files

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s the one I got.

• mountainsmoker
          mountainsmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 I have it beside my chair right now, dreaming about my next batch. LOL
          Last edited by mountainsmoker; July 8, 2019, 02:29 PM.

One of my favorites is Marianski's Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages.

Comment

20 years ago I got from a web site Stuffers.com over 200 sausage recipes. I printed them out and it takes up over 2" of a 3" note book. I don't know if they still exist but give them a try. I am on slow speed on my computer and can not check on them.

Comment

SonOfAButcher has it right. Great Sausages and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas is the one. I have a bunch of books on sausage and charcuterie, but if I could only have 1, it would be the Rytek book. This is so much information in one place it's crazy. I like the Ruhlman book and gave it 5 stars on Amazon. But the Rytex book deserves 50 stars.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here