Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attjack's Hot Dog Series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greek Dog

All beef Applegate hot dog, diced tomato, cucumber, avocado, and a garlic-evo and Greek yogurt sauce on a toasted organic bun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GreekDog.jpg Views:	1 Size:	208.6 KB ID:	684199
    Last edited by Attjack; May 24, 2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I took care of that for you, Troutman.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh.. mint!

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      The lowly cucumber is a sadly neglected condiment when grilling.
      Thin slices on a burger kind of bring it to life.

There is a hot dog restaurant in the Santiago airport. I was walking past, and saw a hot dog as big as a small football, with onions, cheese, guacamole, and mayo (Chile loves its mayo). There was probably more on it but I couldn't tell.

It looked really good. It was an "eat with a fork" hod dog, no way that was getting shoveled into a human mouth.

Comment

The Spicy Avocado Dog

A spiralized Applegate all-beef hot dog, mayonnaise, sriracha, panko, pineapple and poblano pico de gallo, roasted jalapeno, and avocado on a toasted bun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8WBDtEVw7ZkB96NoD4M3mOREG5puWfG2dFFkaW3jH0jzRMnAhzsWtHn40tHwK32Xt16h2Qs4Dr7Gx6m-djl7WupUY5manMxBGKbMPiWUDojszwmqNaYqCNxyL2IGtXFXGelMLA1qSFKZhG-u742HzstgIxG7OB22C5y72ETn-hEFvcDMO9STU2fT-bSn3-YnJFHuhN6IZ3abtYGRi1eGkKAQQoVzZT-Ty1uWBy8I56U9QNmxPsmoQsfon-cJNSr Views:	1 Size:	322.9 KB ID:	686661

Click image for larger version  Name:	e84jskPZsP_To4L-fDTrus6SBnXjrtmdMZGzsHv0tZYyEK9hk0B7fIhZSFpGocT65uxsaF5vFM5__eO3iq3zmW61xWkrRAgj5rOP8l0jqrT1lYekd35st68paVGj7ttiOtc8GoVH5CcM3DtwBFqGKy7cial3EEu2-znBIccVomqdBeoiiEdA1MWimvFD6aVPeNJXhLNb5LDiebkzBuSN412IX9wDVkxrLXveVv777TWpjXwYuiv1xC_MaBiH7ot Views:	1 Size:	393.8 KB ID:	686651

Click image for larger version  Name:	-mgra2hLC7nDNm3GX4MOsajKL7Tg2LqWLvqPhVW-a82sNB-aWJgJrp32XHxen-fRa4ZdsDymh01J24PL0Fy_moRM9epA0Mr5TIdjBkfsLxtTohmA9pyUZB3aqu5Vxr3OdRDN1kK2QeVDszTI8PGQ70D7SLy6S_QtpiRZUJnSBXVZKj6r_H0psaacX1J9Wzw27p5j0VApc19y8CKb3h-LRx5pmcHYfFjTImANKb0glI6NLXecRHvfhIaKCTaZb4s Views:	1 Size:	258.8 KB ID:	686652
      Last edited by Attjack; May 28, 2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        This is Grand!
        Awesome thread Attjack

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Another winner, but what is the panko for??

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        The panko provides texture and crunch.

Man that is some good stuff! Can't wait too see where this leads!

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        The Spicy Avocado Dog

A spiralized Applegate all-beef hot dog, mayonnaise, sriracha, panko, pineapple and poblano pico de gallo, roasted jalapeno, and avocado on a toasted bun.
        I've been a minamilst all my life -- toasted bun, meat, classic yellow mustard. But this one you did....wow....I want that. I really, really, want that!

Comment

My favorite: Chili made with venison sausage/smoked paprika/chili powder/ketchup, Hebrew National frank topped with red onion and French's mustard. Top this off with coleslaw made with Marzetti Coleslaw dressing. Make the chili salty and this contrasts with the sweet Marzetti's dressing. OK, that made me get the venison sausage out of the freezer for tonight's meal!
          The OmegaDog

Comment

I made some Elote Troutman's Way last night. Having that on my mind while reading this thread has me thinking that a dog with roasted or maybe pickled jalapenos and some of that Elote might make a tasty combination. Perhaps some crumbled bacon on top.

Comment

Attjack, you clearly like your dogs hot. I like some spice, but my hat's off to you, especially with the Kim Chee.

Comment

The Seattle Dog

Nathan's all beef hot dog split and seared, Philidelphia cream cheese, grilled onions, roasted jalapenos, stone ground mustard, sweet and smokey BBQ sauce, and sriracha, on a grilled bun. Special thanks to JoeSousa for the suggestion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eIlSA5bikOzeVS1WD3MkT67uHbOEqj-dmX0jorgS16aS6pDr7pXPtNT4psBUSJWYIaWoN8kZUqUbI3LBdCBg9sBmjhWPX9bIbVYE31lLM_7T-M54GPP-RFt70cExooJclO-rkyLNxUjHTFfJNeDhm_EsIiwGyAJkTMNDI1y1ArWdNLj_mNvKTRfOQk9z2BQyRY5o1i-EL3GlF91UaOYNsgBOZYA1pV-9sAd7c6FelRkbeFgMiaixlmPYtks1Z2R
Views:	186
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	690735

Name:	dmteOcksqzkC51clB2JMD_ZEukmkh9O-McPJVpKdDwzJpF67Pm_luhCLAW6Eyl-nNsS9hc_0pDR-qOTSqcSUKqfbB7v18cV06O0IxwxR-FTALEXnSlYkH8UrPXJ_7TRL5ocnWdeia4OUGojM2OnD2vz2zRE9DL-4wHGix6qhdP8IkQ03CIkpL3q1Iz9kGRAlK1NzAvaWLD6deRFq86y3EWplh_5AaDubymewryxbkWV5kUWNXoCYdP64Y8d6B0o
Views:	185
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	690736

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wow that one looks amazing.

• JoeSousa
                  JoeSousa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never seen the Seattle dogs with all that other stuff on them. But I am sure it all went together well. I love the creaminess the cream cheese brings to the party. Would help mellow out the boldness of some of those other flavors too.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm a hotdog connoisseur I like several you have posted!

JoeSousa I read the Wikipedia entry and based it off that and what I had one hand. If I had it to do over I would have added more cream cheese on the other side of the bun.

Name:	mCSW0C6.png
Views:	179
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	690790

Comment

Best dogs around. Maybe take some inspiration from them.
                  Fans of The Stand is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Fans of The Stand and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Comment

There is a bar around me near the rutgers university area called destination dogs which does a very similar thing. They are pretty darn good but i daresay yours look better!

Destination Dogs boasts an unmatched selection of global-travel-themed gourmet hot dogs and sausages from destinations all around the world.

Comment

When I was a kid where I was from
                      there was no such thing as BBQ as the folks on this board know it.
                      BBQ to us was a hot dog on a stick roasted over a campfire, or cardboard box fire or old pallet fire--whatever would burn.
                      I'm talking Burned to a crisp hot dog.
                      Slice of white bread and a smear of mustard.
                      Sometimes when Mom wasn't looking and we were short of time to build the fire we would roast them on a fork over the gas range. White bread and mustard once again.
                      I'm still tempted occasionally to use the fork on the range method but I KNOW my wife would catch me and ban me from the kitchen again.

Comment

The Pulled Pork Dog

Nathan's all beef hot dog split and seared, smoked pulled pork, roasted jalapenos, sauerkraut, sliced pickles, sweet and smokey BBQ sauce, and mayonnaise, on a grilled bun.

Name:	jKBiKerIpKvHJurkHQhhbnAO-MZlrLq7jok9spLc4ULTvDKd2KFKSWHoHLS4_OP8r5a4VhatIPvUniK21Y9crS2eVdaCuFrNl3-xf8HyjRJLMnrnEwK4sDV39ZtkQFX3tvjAMnO4r5mUljqt1nx-J-mQY36Ti0qoZ62CnEDtOK9je8qIKsinhxbKWMbWm7TtYzcg5fVoFKt3-AgdrDsxDM7gRm70-ieBtdwAybqfxCUWy9hiJ9OjP3EGWdsjhsP
Views:	203
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	691228

Name:	7BI2qd8-oZrL8PG-PKK-MO94IhHY80YAovjZjQuvSkxLogkdB6yFF_qUPqtyIO5_JwKBWj2IAGrsm2LUs1wyeZsui045DwG6GZ-rn8q7iAFZUoHYqZ0Dad3hJTf4QWZtxWJq3lJWUruE8RaBJ-miSFdUncJG2cW7PBmBNGIE1w_BBe343XNSNW7e6hIoXgJHCL4v1UyweAxRBjr3JRZfqpRiKnEwWMd9CcQ9SngMZv7gWUhpORCXDzXZ4BPyj-F
Views:	188
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	691229

Comment

Do a jalapeno cheddar dog on sourdough jalapeno bun with chopped brisket, grilled onions, and horseradish sauce!

Comment

• Attjack
                            Attjack commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'll take it into consideration. I'm doing a brisket at the end of the month.

• texastweeter
                            texastweeter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have 3 primes and a waygu now wet aging.

• texastweeter
                            texastweeter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            oh, and top it with fried jalapenos!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here