Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday was Sausage Making Day . . . Three Varieties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Nice!

• johnec00
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the andouille recipe, grilled one of the links earlier, put it on a toasted hogie and smothered with black beans. Delicious. Doc says I'm supposed to get 35 grams of fiber a day, hence the black beans.

• scottranda
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!!

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I have a chicken sausage recipe I use. I'm thinking of merging with feta/spinach. Thank you for the post.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know. Ticks me off in this town when I order a Pepperoni Lovers from Pizza Hut and it has less pepperoni than a freaking regular pepperoni.

• johnec00
    commented on 's reply
    I used boneless-skinless chicken thighs . . . The recipe I used is here: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic...=4928&start=25

Note to mods - I didn't see anything in the guidelines that said "don't link to posts in other forums", but if I missed something please delete.

• johnec00
    replied
    I guess I'm too verbose for the comment block Jerod Broussard
    I love me some good dry cured pepperoni too, but the process is quite involved and takes 3-4 weeks. Truth be known, I've made decent pepperoni using Butcher & Packer mix with cure#1, a little of their "special" binder and some encapsulated citric acid. It's 90% as good as the real thing (especially for the likes of pizza) and much simpler. I don't smoke pepperoni, so I just stuff in 1.5" fibrous casings and sous vide at 155º for 4 hours. I then hang in the fridge for 3-4 days and vacuum bag.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Great job.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Man you are a foodie! I have to try me some of those!

• scottranda
    replied
    What part(s) of the chicken did you use for the chicken sausage?

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Wonderful looking work. There is something so appetizing about well made sausages.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Great job. I wish I had a vertical smoker just for sausage. I also wish I had the set up to make pepperoni.

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    replied
    that looks awesome! it makes me want to start making my own!

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Sausage-sational. Excellent all round deal.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Awesome !!!! I eat the chicken feta spinach sausages all the time and Love ‘em. I’ll bet yours are off the charts !!! Been on my short list of to-dos, gotta make me some sausages !!!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here