Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pine Prairie Water Moccasin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine Prairie Water Moccasin

A friend of mine makes some the best homemade boudin around. He and I were sitting around and decided to try and put a little spin on his boudin, and this is what we came up with. We call it the Pine Prairie Water Moccasin. We took his boudin and stuffed it with jalapeno, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, and fresh minced garlic, then wrapped it in bacon and grilled it with lump charcoal and some BBQ Guru pecan mini chunks. It was phenomenal, and a really fun way to take some really good boudin and take the flavor to the next level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	215076500_10223132867728304_5984827829665575515_n.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1059561Click image for larger version

Name:	211822472_10223132867768305_2092047856144972629_n.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1059562Click image for larger version

Name:	214248928_10223132867688303_7995817847754884601_n.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1059563

What an excellent idea! I love boudin, I love bacon, I love cheese, onion and jalapeño. You know we’re pretty close, can’t believe you didn’t call. . Damn man, I’m definitely gonna try that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
      Brisket Syndicate commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be sure to call next time.

I do not know what boudin is, never heard of it. But, by yer description and the PICS, sold!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Boudin is a type of Cajun sausage. Think of it as dirty rice dressing stuffed into a casing. This is an overly simple description, but close.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Boudin (pronounced "BOO-dan," at least in Cajun country) is a cooked sausage made from pork meat and rice, plus various vegetables and seasonings, all stuffed in a natural pork casing.

Wow that looks great! I was hoping you bagged a few of my neighbors
    Attached Files

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      The original tube steak...

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      They are quite edible as long as you bite first.

That looks amazing. I've been wanting a good boudin recipe, tried a few times, need to keep trying.

Comment

Damn. And I like some boudin. I wish I could like this about 30 times.
      Last edited by klflowers; July 13, 2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Brisket Syndicate Since your friend makes the boudin, did you mix all your extra ingredients in the boudin…before stuffing it in the casing? For most of us who want to try your version above, we’d have to take the boudin links and slice it open, then stuff it in and wrap with bacon, correct? Can you share with us how you did it?
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 13, 2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
          Editing a comment
          I sliced the link open and stuffed them.

I started reading this thinking I was looking at bacon wrapped water Moccasin until I scrolled further down...

Comment

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was kinda looking forward to that recipe.....😁

Leave it to the Donk to come up with another exotic recipe. Way to be, love the looks of those fo sure !!!

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
          Editing a comment
          Y'all are killing me!

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Boudin or Zummo, Got you both beat, Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs.

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          with pbr?

Brisket Syndicate or any other southerners have a recipe for boudin you would be willing to share. I have never had or seen boudin.. I do make a fair amount of sausage.. but boudin and andouille are at the top of my to do list

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I know what you’re saying 58! The other day I was involved in a road rage incident in Louisiana. I have a bumper sticker that says "I Love Boudain" This guy with Louisiana tags pulled up beside me and shot me the finger. I rolled down my window and he yelled at me "Go home you stupid ass non spelling Texan" You’re right, they go crazy when you spell boudin wrong. 🙄
          Last edited by Panhead John; July 15, 2021, 07:46 PM.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          And its pronounced Boo-daahhn, not boo-dan. Note - ya gotta know Cajun to really pronounce it right.
          Last edited by 58limited; July 15, 2021, 07:40 PM.

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John
          Driving through a small Looosiana town one night a while back with my Texas plates I noticed that a cop was following me very closely, right in my blind spot. I wouldn't have picked up on him if I hadn't seen him pull out from a side street. You can bet I made sure I observed the speed limit.

BTW, you also better not pronounce prahleen as prayleen.

Love my Boudin grilled. Need to stop by the Boudin King next time I head home.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Boudin is always best on the grill! Also, next time you do stuffed bell peppers, use boudin instead of hamburger meat, oh ya cher!

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. grill it, stuff it, its the best.

For everyone wondering how to make Boudin, Chudd’s has a YouTube video for Brisket Boudin, that should keep it familiar enough for everyone around here.

Comment

Dang, I've never had boudin. I am unknowing. Is it always blood sausage or is that antiquated?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Not hardly. It's more of a rice/meat mixture.

Interesting that Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota says huh? No body listed any ressippee fer the Cajun boudin.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here