Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite burger cheese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp cheddar, pepper Jack, blue, Swiss, American.... pretty much any cheese is good cheese in my book.

Comment

I like matured cheddar. I like lots of flavor.

Comment

Only American cheese will do. I prefer the deli sliced ones (and Land o Lakes at that) vs the individually wrapped singles.

Comment

Depends on how I'm building the burger. Sharp cheddar on a bacon burger, provolone on a Hawaiian burger, Swiss on a burger topped with shaved ham or Canadian bacon with onions and peppers. I also like to use a good quality sliced cheese from a good deli. Taste is far better than the packaged processed cheese and the melt is better.
          Plus most deli's are happy to sell you as few or as many slices as you need so there is no waste.

Comment

Only rule is a burger needs cheese. I usually use either cheddar or Kraft slices, sometimes Velvetta, but almost any cheese works for me.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              While I love American processed cheese and the pre-sliced ones like Kraft, I don't like Velveeta. My dad loves it and that's his burger cheese of choice. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it's maybe too gooey perhaps, or too salty, or both.

I cut the cheese....

Comment

• RickyBobby
              RickyBobby commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol. Well played, sir.

😂 Is this a trick question? Land o lakes American on my classic burger, Parmesan crisp and mozzarella on my pizza burger, pepper jack on my bbq burger. I could go on forever. Cheddar is the only cheese I don’t enjoy on a burger. The boss lady however is strictly fried provolone. Still can’t figure her out after nearly 20 years!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Still can’t figure her out after nearly 20 years!
              Good Luck with that, brother.
              Rtfm never seemed to help me one tiny bit; th OS is randomly updated an patched, 24/7/365, without any notification to, or acceptance on th part of th End User, in my experience!

You can't go wrong with some extra old cheddar on most burgers, nice and sharp. Especially with MH's green chile salsa, so good.

Comment

I love cheese! Pretty much all kinds, especially like extra sharp aged white cheddar! I eat it by the fistfulls while at the grill dressing up everyone else's burger. However, there is always a burger or two that don't get any cheese on them. Those are for me! LOve cheese but NOT on my burgers!!! Go figure...

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Very interesting! I like nuts but can't stand them in my brownies or on my ice cream. Go figure that one too!

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup! Both ways for me.

Sharp or extra sharp or even super mega extra sharp cheddar, blue, Gorgonzola, and feta. Those are my top 4, with cheddar being used most often.

If I have Swiss, Muenster, provolone, or even parmesan I will use that too. Grated parmesan is great mixed in with the hamburger meat.

For cheesesteaks there is only one choice. Cheez-wizz in a jar.

Comment

CHEESE IS LIFE. Huskee is an Evil Madman. You can't make me. Where is FireMan when you need him and his wisdom.

Does Huskee have a big red button that says "World Destruction" at his disposal?

FireMan save me with your poll opinion.

Comment

American or the nacho cheese you get at ball games. That stuff is awesome on a burger with some caramelized onions and mushrooms...yum

Comment

How do i post a topic on here?

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pick the forum/subforum you want to post to up near the top of the main page, click on it and then hit "new post".

Muenster for gooey and bleu for pop. Swiss on a rye bun (patty melt or Reuben)

Comment

Any thing but Swiss or blue cheese or goat cheese

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here