Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgers on English muffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers on English muffins

Anyone else try this? I watched a Jacques Pepìn video, and he puts his burgers on toasted English muffins. I tried it, and honestly, it’s delightful!

I don’t think I’m going to put burgers on English muffins all the time, but if you give them a hard toast, with some crunch, the texture along with the burger is immensely satisfying. I’m thinking, one out of four burgers on English muffins.

My favorite fast food burger is the Jack in the Box sourdough jack burger (which of course isn't available anywhere near me). Super toasted sourdough bread, greasy burger and cheese... yes please. I bet this is a similar flavor profile but with even more crunch and texture.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the sourdough Jack burger.

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      When I worked nights Jack in the Box was the only place open at 2 AM when I got off work. I ate that Sourdough Jack 4 or 5 times a week for a year and a half. Still one of my favorite fast food burgers.

I've been doing that 4ever as pizza burgers. Cook the burger, toast muffin. Put together with mozzarella cheese, sauce and any other topping like anchovies. In oven to melt the cheese.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      This is not my concept. When I was younger say, late teens so the late 60's after a night of .... and then some, we would go to a diner. This is in North Jersey, say Clifton, Bloomfield. I think it was the Clarmount Diner. They served up the pizza burger. Nothing like one to cure the munchies in the wee hours of a Sunday morning.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      GolfGeezer when I was a teenager I used to host penny poker nights. My mom would do up a couple dozen of these, but using Pop’n Fresh biscuits. They were great!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      GolfGeezer wrote what I was going to write - flashback. My mom used to make them. When I first had a slider I thought "they stole from my mom". Like GolfGeezer, we do the "cheesy muffin" thing here if we don't want to go out for pizza. Sharp cheddar mixed with a little mayo and mustard on the muffin. Broiled until almost all melted and topped with pepperoni or salami.

What a great idea. And so obvious I completely missed it. I’ll be trying this out very soon. In fact I took a couple burgers out of the freezer last night for use in the coming days.

Comment

I’m an EM burger kinda guy fer sure,,,,

Comment

If Pepin does it, then it has to be good. I love that guy.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          +1, +2, +3!!

Lord my list of things I’m gonna try is really getting long….

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          just like your grill lineup.....

Hell yeah. Been doing this for years!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
          Anyone else try this? I watched a Jacques Pepìn video, and he puts his burgers on toasted English muffins. I tried it, and honestly, it’s delightful!

I don’t think I’m going to put burgers on English muffins all the time, but if you give them a hard toast, with some crunch, the texture along with the burger is immensely satisfying. I’m thinking, one out of four burgers on English muffins.
          All those little pockets should help hold the juices

Comment

Started doing that when I was a teenager long, long ago in galaxy where there were no hamburger buns for a burger but there were Emuffs. The first thing I noticed was that the Emuffs held together way better than cheap Wonder Bread burger buns. Not sure why I quit using them, Thomas' Sourdough Emuffs would be pretty dang good with a burger. Hmmm, sounds like a MuffinBurger is what's for lunch today!

Comment

Hardee's used to sell a "Frisco Burger" that was on a sourdough type bun that looked a heck of a lot like an English muffin. I liked it a lot.

Comment

Hmmm mmm…..burger egg Mcmuffin with cheese……😛

Comment

I might have to try this with a smash burger on the griddle , thanks !

Comment

Yup - as long as you use the sandwich size (or King Size - forget the name) english muffins and give them a good toast. Not my favorite but a good alternative I have a few times a year.

A very historic bar here in NYC called Chumley's (which sadly closed quite a few years ago) was known for their burger on an english muffin.

Comment

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I actually desized the burgers a tiny bit. A 3oz burger fits, plus we get an extra (breakfast) burger out of the pound. Pepìn actually makes 2 2oz burgers and has them each on half muffins, as one serving!

• shify
                      shify commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mosca - fair point! In my head, I associate pub style burgers on an english muffin, hence the need for a King Size.

Yes, this is how my wife and I eat our burgers because we like the gluten free English muffins better than any gluten free hamburger bun we have found. Really enjoy them this way!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here