Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Chocolate

Who else always places their preferred chocolate in the fridge and eats it cold? My favorite commercial bar is Cadbury’s Dairy Milk.

Room temperature chocolate just seems like it is missing something.

I suspect scottranda must have a view here.

I have very sensitive teeth, so I don't chew anything cold.

Comment

My wife buys the gigantic bags of chocolate chips and leaves it in the freezer. This is usually her dessert. Me, I can eat chocolate either way. Chocolate is good

Comment

I'm always in trouble here with my chocolatism, I gotta sweet tooth and no will power.
        Presidents Choice brand milk chocolate chipits are always in my cross hairs.
        Any brand chocolate bars but Lindor's are especially good.
        Room temp or out of the fridge, they're all fair game around here

Comment

I'm with smokin fool on this one...

Any chocolate is good chocolate. However, if I had a choice I would prefer cold and in some cases frozen...

Comment

• Alan Brice
            Alan Brice commented
            Editing a comment
            Frzn Reese’s p-butter cups😋

• Allon
            Allon commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a few in the freezer now...

I like them cold but will eat chocolate most any way. Ghirardelli’s caramel squares are pretty tasty. And I like the Lindor chocolates too.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Chocolate high roller!

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s a bag of both in our pantry, about 3/4 eaten

Rarely do I keep chocolate out of the fridge once I get it home. During the winter I don't heat my entire home except for a little heat at my desk in my room, and so I can generally leave stuff out and it'll be chilled enough.

Comment

I like dark chocolate and chili. Lindt has one, and the Tabasco one is OK. I prefer it at room temp as you can taste the chili better.

Comment

I prefer it room temp even a little soft.

Comment

I love frozen Kit Kats and frozen peanut M&M's.

Comment

Ya darn right I have a viewpoint. Cold chocolate loses its flavor when cold. Just like when wine is too cold.

(disclosure: will eat chocolate no matter the temp if offered)

Comment

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wine and beer. Okay

And then there's ice cream with candy already in it!

I used to add peanuts to my chocolate ice cream growing up. Who knew?
                  Last edited by Allon; December 14, 2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I'm the exact opposite, I don't feel like I can taste cold chocolate at all. If I take a sip of cold milk and then a bit of chocolate I can't taste chocolate.

Comment

When food or drinks are at extreme temps (hot or cold) they lose flavor - or more accurately, we lose our ability to taste.

Think about that cup of coffee that’s blazing hot…not much flavor, just burning your taste buds. But once it cools down to a reasonable temp the full flavor comes out.

Or think of that ice cold beer…near flavorless. But once it starts to warm a little the flavors come out to be enjoyed.

Milk chocolate - which I’m not a fan of in any way - needs to be cold/frozen for me to eat (lowers flavor) but dark chocolate is rich and wonderful at room temp.
                      Last edited by Santamarina; December 15, 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I prefer dark chocolate at room temperature. My wife used to work for a company that distributed chocolates worldwide. I got spoiled on some Belgian stuff not sold in the U.S. and haven’t found anything that matched it since she retired.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here