Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife asked me to make her a cake for her birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a thoughtful husband. I bet your wife was delighted. That's a beautiful cheesecake.

Kathryn

Comment

Back when we were allowed to do such a thing, we'd hold cake sales in school to benefit something or other. You would by it by the slice and have for lunch. My Mother would make brownies, fudge type with raisins.
      Some of my friends went home and talked about how great these brownies were. Their Mother demanded I get the recipe from my Mother which my Mother supplied on a nice index card and I'll share here with you. "One box Finest (store name) brand brownie mix. Add one cup of raisins, and bake." Oh those Mothers didn't believe it. They thought my Mother was not willing to share her secret recipe with them!

Anyhow. If you like brownies try adding the raisins. This is my favorite, a scoop of vanilla on top of a warm brownie.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        oops, I thought this was the show us your fav dessert post.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; April 1, 2021, 11:30 AM. Reason: S

• PBCDad
        PBCDad commented
        Editing a comment
        You know, a lot of people would just jump to saying the Sahara, but they think "desert" and they only think of hot sand. I'm going to go with the Arctic Desert as my fav.

Come on HawkerXP we are in the Library of Congress!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you filling in for Tinhead John? PBCDad ?

klflowers - If you do, just take it one step at a time. Make the custard first 'cause it has to cool. Then make the crust. The recipe calls for regular graham crackers, but my wife wanted chocolate, so I used choc. graham crackers. Remember to occasionally stir the custard as it cools so it doesn't glaze over. If using an electric mixer, beat on low speed - you don't want to add air to the cheesecake filling. I think the rest is fairly straight forward, but ask if you have questions.

Edit to add that my wife thought some shaved chocolate on top would have added to the finished cake, so you might consider doing that...
      Last edited by RonB; April 1, 2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Deserts are not in my wheelhouse, but I really like key lime anything, so it is on the list to try out

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here