Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife asked me to make her a cake for her birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife asked me to make her a cake for her birthday.

She wanted a Key Lime Cheesecake, and who am I to say no. She also wanted a chocolate crust, so that's what she got. It has the chocolate crust, a layer of lime custard, the lime cheesecake filling, and a sweetened sour cream topping. It turned out rather tasty, if I do say so myself...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_124614[1].jpg
Views:	196
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1011180

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_125147[1].jpg
Views:	179
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1011181

My birthday is in May. Just so you know.....

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      June here!

All in on that cheesecake, nicely done!!!!
    June 6th for my lil nesta vipers.

Comment

Mail me one in September please. Happiest of birthday wishes to your bride! I hope the next trip around the sun treats her well, and with more pie.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Happy Birthday to your lucky Wife AND that is an awfully good looking Cheese Cake!

Comment

Oh my...Happy Birthday to your Wife!....That Cheesecake is a masterpiece!

Comment

Oh wow. Love cheesecake. Nicely done!

Comment

Dang!

Comment

July for me. I'll pay the shipping. And Happy Birthday to your better half.

Comment

...so you said "Poof! You're a cake!" ??

Comment

• RonB
                      RonB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Close, but no banana. On second thought, you probably already had a stash of bananas...

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      RonB
                      No shortage of bananas round here.

You let me know when a good time is for you to drop one of those lovelies off at my place, and I'll gladly change my birthday to match. Happy Birthday to the missus as well!

Comment

Wow, that’s a proper cake! You da man!!

Comment

I won't be as demanding as the rest and just ask for the recipe please. Fine looking cake that Sir. Brownies and cheesecake my 2 favourites.

Comment

• RonB
                          RonB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Here ya go:

I do increase the lime custard and the cheesecake filling by 50% to make a taller finished product. I suggest just following the recipe the first time.

• klflowers
                          klflowers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          RonB this may be my first shot at making cheesecake

• holehogg
                          holehogg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          HawkerXP I'm addicted to brownies I maje a batch every second day the GUi type and I also incorporate many different things to the recipe (salty fudge, inject lemon curd, honeycomb and more). Not a big fan of the cake ones.

I wouldn't mind seeing the recipe, any chance you could share? Thanks.

Comment

• RonB
                          RonB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Look just above your post.

• Matt Bykowski
                          Matt Bykowski commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here