Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combined a new (to me method) wit a new receipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combined a new (to me method) wit a new receipe.

Picked up some drumsticks as well a breasts. Found this recipe and method for cooking chicken. It was geared to the drumsticks. I have never been happy with results with grilling breasts. Always dry. I did not eat them but my wife a daughter said best I had ever grilled. So here are 2 links. One for recipe and other for method. I assure you the drums turned out as the recipe advertised. This could be old hat to some of you, but new to me and happy to have adopted this.

When grilled as part of a whole chicken, drumsticks taste just fine. But with the right treatment, they can be the solo stars of your cookout.

I love indirect cooking for chicken ..... especially for the thighs and legs, which need time at 275-300 to render the fat. Love that your cook turned out great .... pics?

Comment

That sounds good.

Comment

Sorry no pics. When cooking for 3 grandsons, the pressure from their mother thus their grandmother to have food ready by 530, tension is in the air. I was 15 minutes late and forgiven when food was consumed. I'll try for next time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here