Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerk chicken

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jerk chicken

    any suggestions? There’s a lot of recipes out there, a lot seem like they’ll be to hot for the kiddos n wife, and to smoke em or put em on the kettle?

    #2
    DWCowles has the recipe I use. I don't have it accessible to me right now.

    Comment


      #3
      Well, if your chicken is a jerk - cook it quick.

      Comment


      • customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        My chickens make me money no grilling for them

      #4
      Well, jerk chicken is sort of by definition HOT! Maybe try Peruvian?

      Comment


        #5
        Lots of good recipes out there. Just don’t make the mistake I did.

        I practiced making jerk chicken many times but since scotch bonnets were hard to find, I used jalapeños. Once I had the recipe down I found scotch bonnets in a speciality store and commenced to serve the chicken to a lot of family and friends for a block party. Didn’t even dawn on me that I needed to reduce the quantity of peppers I had been using.
        There wasn’t a dry eye or drop of milk left in my house, or even the neighbors, once we started to eat.
        Last edited by Donw; June 27, 2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: Auto-correct

        Comment


        • Mudbeaver
          Mudbeaver commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinkin of using jalapeños to keep down the heat for the family, they don’t mind spicy, not fans of HOT

        • Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          jalapeños actually make a nice jerk sauce. I don’t think you would disappointed.

        #6
        This should be in the Recipes > Chicken channel, not General Discussion.

        Comment


        • Mudbeaver
          Mudbeaver commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not really internet savvy, how would I go about moving it?

        • Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries Mudbeaver, I moved it. Just try to find the best channel when making new posts to keep things organized Thanks!

        #7
        Thank you

        Comment


          #8

          Comment


          • Mudbeaver
            Mudbeaver commented
            Editing a comment
            That recipe really caught my eye

          #9
          Check out this recipe from our own Henrik. I made a version of it last week and the sticky glaze balances the heat very well. I substituted cayenne for the fresh peppers and added a few things I found in another recipe. But the glaze portion was really the best part!

          https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...msticks-recipe
          Last edited by barelfly; June 27, 2018, 05:17 PM.

          Comment


          • lostclusters
            lostclusters commented
            Editing a comment
            I have looked over that recipe and I do not see anything in it that would generate any heat.

          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            lostclusters I combined two recipes, one from a book I was given. The other recipe was the source of the heat, which I didn’t really depict well in my comment.

          • Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Great to hear you like it! And if you want/need more heat, just add your preferred chili pepper to the rub.

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7