Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lemon pepper chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemon pepper chicken

My wife and I love the Walmart lemon pepper rotisserie chicken if it is real fresh. But I think I can do better if I had a good recipe. I have a brand new Cajon bandit rotisserie for my Weber kettle that is screaming out to me to be used.
    So... Does anyone here have a great recipe I can try?
    Thank you

I am sure someone that is more experienced with Chicken will jump in soon. In the meantime if you like the Wal- Mart seasonings, ask the Deli Clerk if they know what they use. Can't hurt to ask.

Comment

I personally don't, and I checked AR and couldn't find one. But Googling lemon pepper chicken results in tonnes of recipes.

Comment

I'm sure other members will have better ideas, but you could probably adapt this one, or at least use the sauce on the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
          I personally don't, and I checked AR and couldn't find one. But Googling lemon pepper chicken results in tonnes of recipes.
          I did that to. There where many. But I have learned to trust the people here. You all have great ideas and I'm learning a lot. I like making things from scratch. Surprised Meathead doesn't have a good rub recipe for it, at least I couldn't find one.

Comment

Since you do like the Walmart version, the suggestion Pirate Scott made seems like a good one. I started reading some of the recipes, and making your own seems relatively simple.

Comment

Try this as a rub. 2T hand crushed bay leaves, 2T dry mustard, 1T salt, 3T black pepper, 1T garlic powder, 1T smoked Paprika, 2T Lemon Pepper, Zest of two lemons. Inject with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 mild beer 6 0z) 1t pepper, two caps full of lemon juice. You can substitute basil for the bay leaves or add basil if you like.

Comment

Hey that sound good

Comment

Well, hail, I jus' rub stick butter all over my chicken, then liberally coat with Lemon Pepper seasonin'; sounds like tbob4 has a morether betterer way, to me
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 16, 2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

So Mr. Bones - I had a few breasts already rubbed with some lemon pepper rub as shown above. A light bulb went off in my head. I had a lemonade hard cider (which I don't drink) sitting in solitude in my fridge. I replaced the beer above with the lemonade hard cider as my injection. I will report back tonight if it worked. Thanks Joetee for the question. I'm trying something new because of you.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds intriguin'; I like Mike's Hard Cider Lemonade; it ought to be yummy as an injection!
                      I'm equally certain it would be effective as a marinade ingredient, given all th' citric acid...
                      Hmmm (Strokes beard) Ya' have given me much to think about!
                      Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 16, 2017, 05:54 PM.

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well Mr. Bones - the experiment is in the smoker now. After about an hour an a half it will go on the grill with a baste that includes the second half of that hard cider.

I buy the lemon pepper seasoning that Costco sells. I use it on chicken breasts on the grill all the time. Since my wife and daughters like it, I haven't been very tempted to try and create my own.

Comment

Well I made the most awesome chicken I've ever made using McCormick's lemon pepper chicken.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                        ComfortablyNumb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good on you!!! Glad to hear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	381074
                      Mr. Bones - Delicious. I have a new injection thanks to Joetee 's question.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here