Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking Turkey Breasts With Some Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Turkey Breasts With Some Help

Smoking a couple of turkey breasts for dinner for tonight. Smelling great. Just did it on the Hasty-Bake, no need to fire up the WSM for 4.5 lbs of turkey breast. Got the HB up in the 325 range, added a couple chunks of hickory and waited for the smoke to get clean. Two turkey breasts, with just a bit of S&G on them. They're smelling great. And Dunkin showed up to help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	209006 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	209005

I wanted to smoke some turkey breasts on vacation and make some good lunch meat slices out of 'em. Maybe this weekend. And I guess the cat will take his usual spot near the pit while it's cooking.

Comment

Jerod Broussard after the dogs pace around the Hasty-Bake or WSM hoping against hope they'll get something, they finally lay down close by and hang out with me. I wonder if they are going to come help me when I clean up the inside of the Hasty-Bake, which is quite a bit overdue ..... Needs to be scraped and brushed clean in there.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        My Pit Barrel is near the corner of a covered cement patio, Even when it is hot out the cat gets in the corner close to the barrel and chills. Guess the radiant heat is somewhat soothing. Pour gravy and let them lick it up!

I was considering smoking a whole turkey for T-day, but since we're expecting a small crowd (3-5), I may do breasts. What's a ballpark time on a Weber Kettle using 2-zone? Thank you.

Comment

Yum! Did you inject them? I've done bone-in turkey breasts before, which basically means a turkey with the legs and wings cut off, and while it tasted spectacular, even wet brined and taken to only 160 it was a wee bit dry. I've heard from good authority to try injecting, FWIW in case you find the same thing as far as dryness.

Comment

We always do turkey breast for Thanksgiving. My wife loves the fact that I can do it outdoors and leave the kitchen free for her to do all the other stuff (stuffings, mashed potatoes, etc.) We also throw on a little extra in case the neighbors have a T-day failure (seems to happen to someone every year...)

Comment

I took a shot at a Turkey Breast this weekend on my BGE. I used Aaron Franklin's recipe. Came out pretty good. I my hold back a little on the pepper next time. I also may try injecting. It wasn't too dry though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	239239Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1248.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	239240Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1249-1.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	239241

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great! I love me some extra pepper. By the way, a belated 'Welcome to The Pit' to you!

Looks good!

Comment

jmoog2
              Great lookin' cook! Thanks fer sharin'! Yum!!!

Comment

I love that pic with the dog!! They really are mans best friend. He's just hanging' out, intoxicated by the smell of BBQ.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It has th' same effect on me, Spinaker !!!

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Once I start the grill or the smoker, the dogs hang around all day .... they love the smell when I'm cooking :-)

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here