Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Chicken Sandwich Wars - What's Your Favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy’s and Bojangles also have good chicken samiches.

Comment

CFA hands down. I have a copycat recipe. Working on creating a grilled version tonight as a matter of fact

Comment

CFA is my favorite, but a very close second is Zaxby’s. My only knock on them is the breading tends to be slightly salty, not sure if it is post fry they salt it or actually in the breading.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that you mention that we noticed that too.

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Zaxby's tends to be very salty. That's the main thing I taste when I eat the chicken strips and fries. Makes my blood pressure spike just thinking about it.

I was a huge fan of Wendy's when they first came out. I know I am dating myself, but this is when they had a make yer own salad bar. The container had a huge poofy lid that clipped down over a flat styro plate. Well, you just filled the lid with all your salad ingredients then forced the plate down over the top to clip it tight. The Chicken sammys were the real deal too. Heck you could eat salad for two days with a sammy n still be at five bucks.
        Just had CFA last night. When they were the new thing they were the best. Now I don't care if it is Wendy's, CFA , or Cock of the Walk. Little tiny protein's hidden under the massive bun and never the toppings you want. CFA will toss on a pickle slice, thank you very much. Also the peeps makin' something you are gonna stick in your mouth, take away my appetite.
        I have lost all desire to eat fast food since I know I can make something far better n far better standards. Get off my Lawn.

Comment

I make my own..

Comment

Well Wendy’s ghost pepper ranch chicken sandwich and ghost pepper fries were a big disappointment. No real spice to speak of, perhaps the ranch mellowed it out.

I am still defaulting to BK spicy chicken as the spiciest fast food sandwich nationally available.

Comment

They no longer make it which I am guessing is due to labor shortage and it might have been a lit too hot for some. But,the absolute best was Nashville Hot chicken at Fish City Grill. Otherwise I would go with Popeye’s or Windy’s.

Comment

I'm about to make this one from Meat Church and I can't wait, because I've read reviews reporting that it is a game changer. I will let you know Wednesday night.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice. I'd like to try this. For me, 24 hours sounds like a looong time for chicken. Usually I go 4 hours max. 24 hours does weird things to the meat consistency, especially in the thinner sections.

Kathryn

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  fzxdoc Agreed. Also 24 hrs in jalapeño pickling juice would make it too spicy for Jaco and Mia.

• Purc
                  Purc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did this right after the video was released. Mine was not too spicy. I hope your version is better than mine.

As promised, I am making the recipe for the Meat Church Mexican Chicken Sandwich, but a day late. I soaked the thighs in the jalapeño juice for 6 hours, and as you can see, any longer and we'd be having chicken ceviche. Next, they were hit with some Meat Church fajita seasoning. I'll post more later, but first, making it's debut in the pit is this amazing stainless steel pan and rack gifted to me at the Cajun Meat-Up by your pal and mine, the Right Reverend and very generous Panhead John

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5355.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1503478

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aww shucks man, it weren’t nuttin….thanks for that bro….looking good! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out. That sounds like something I wanna try!

• barelfly
                  barelfly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can’t wait to see how these turn out!

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for running that marinade time test. I was thinking 4 hours.

Were the sandwiches very spicy going down? Did you add hot sauce to the basting mix?

Kathryn

Had 6 of the 7 and their significant others and kids for these sandwiches. The kids said we should have this all the time. This morning, my stomach is saying "don't eat that ever again." They were very tasty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5381.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1503685

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry to hear that your taste buds were saying "yes, yes" while your tummy was saying "no, no". Hope you're feeling better by now.

K.

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Purc they were spicy, but not so spicy that my kids couldn't eat them. Even Jaco loved them. But the spice level seems to have intensified during the digestion process for me. fzxdoc I did baste with a mixture of 8oz Cholula and 1 stick of butter. As for feeling better, it's currently a moment to moment situation. Let's just say I won't be leaving the house anytime soon.

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh you poor guy. Feel better soon, hoovarmin .

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here