Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bagels What is your go to's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poppyseed, plain, or jalepeno cheddar for me.

Comment

round, hole in the middle, fried and frosted and a cup of coffee

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like what they used to do at the donut shop in my hometown. Treat bagels like a donut - deep fry, dip in frosting, holy carp the blueberry bagels like that were DELICIOUS. Of course... now I'm a fat old man, there ain't nothing like that allowed. Guess I ate my fill when I was young and... well, ok, maybe not handsome, but less repulsive than now? lol

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
      58limited not surprised Texas isn't a meca for bagels, brisket you got it. Anywho, here is an alternative. https://www.newyorkerbagels.com/. Came upon them in the peak of the pandemic when everything was shutdown. Their business pre-pandemic was mainly supplier to many restaurants, delis's ect. Well with everything shutdown, they needed to alter their business model. Shifted to the consumer.

That being said these are the ultimate. Huge. I could only eat 1/2 at a time. Pricey, yes. At $72 for 3 dozen. But for me it was 6 dozen. I haven't used them in quite some time since things have opened up. You might want to look into. Give it a shot if you don't have alternative, this could be it.

I have no affiliation so this opinion is purely on product and service.
      I've ordered bagels from Katz' Deli and from New Yorker Bagels. Like you, I stopped ordering when the lockdown finally eased.
      New Yorker Bagels: 12 bagels for $48
      Katz' Deli: 20 bagels for $40 (their bialys are good too)

New Yorker bagels were too big--they wouldn't fit into our bagel slicer. A whole one was too much and a half one not enough, reported my husband. I'm not much of a bagel eater, so his opinion carries the day.

Kathryn

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc that's crazy $48 a dozen. Ended up $24 a per dozen. Since I did half a bagel it really was $12 a dozen. That's what I pay at Tandem.. They offered discounts in the northeast. You're right the product is huge. Half was good for me.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        It sure was a crazy price for 12 bagels, RichieB . But that was back before the lockdown ended. Now New Yorker Bagels' price for 12 bagels (custom box) is $40 on sale from regular price $44. Still pretty steep.

Kathryn

$3.50-4.00 each for a dang bagel. Yikes. I mean I'm sure they're worlds better than the crap I can get out here in the wastelands of "Oklie-homma", but dang. Flavors or not... what does it cost in NYC to walk into a deli and get a plain bagel? Honestly, from what I know of their COL, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd pay close to that for just a hot bagel in a wrapper at some of those places. I remember visiting Manhattan a number of years ago and couldn't believe how expensive it was just to eat. But, hey, that's life in the big city.

We here in the Midwest (or South? South Midwest?) get by cheap, but since a few of us have just recently gotten indoor plumbing, those fancy horseless carriages and the new electric lights, we're just as happy as clams.

<edit> Just a little dig at some of the NYers I went to school with who really believed all that crap.

Comment

Green Chile cheese bagel out here in New Mexico - these make any kind of sandwich that much better!

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that sounds good!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here