Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sliced bacon on the 26er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliced bacon on the 26er

Today's experiment, sliced bacon on the 26 inch Weber kettle. I've had disastrous results trying this on the pellet grill before. Wish me luck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210801_091004.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1070587

Would you like me to wish you good or bad luck?

Good luck!

Comment

Don't burn the BACON!

Comment

I've done bacon on the kamado several times, turns out great!

Comment

Grill bacon is better bacon.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          All bacon is better bacon !!!

The finished product. Turned out pretty good but sure took a while. About 1 hour and 10 minutes. Struggled to get the grill temp up over 300. The Blackstone would have definitely been quicker...

Name:	20210801_102129.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1070728

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          And probably better. The BlackStone is a bacon cooking machine.

FineJob, Brother!!!

Did ya use any smokin woods, or jes charcoals?

Comment

Take it up a notch- lay them slightly overlapping and when they're half cooked or so crack some eggs right on the bacon.

Jfrosty27 This was my maiden voyage with this, you'll notice different doneness with the eggs because I was staggering the timing to find what worked best. Never got pictures of successive attempts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bacon & eggs on grill grates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.08 MB ID:	1071020

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Really great idea Huskee

• Stuey1515
            Stuey1515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great idea guru!!

Name:	Resizer_16274245550922~2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1071206

Name:	Resizer_16274245550921.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	1071207

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
            FineJob, Brother!!!

Did ya use any smokin woods, or jes charcoals?
            I put one chunk of hickory on top of some old charcoal before dumping the hot charcoal in there. Don't know if it made much difference. Didn't expect the cook to take so long.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here