Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Ribeye cap' Cook rolled up with string, or unroll and hot grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for mentioning me for advice, it means a lot. I've never done a cap though. I have been leaving them on when I do prime ribs and haven't bought a separated one. My gut tells me If I got a couple I'd do one each way, perhaps in the same meal.

Comment

Seasoned lightly, leave rolled up, and grill to MR.
      Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

So, we made them tonight. I left them rolled up. Baked indirect in Weber gasser to 120-125 internal, then reverse seared over wood fire. They were delicious. When I checked their final temp with my thermapen, after removing from the grill, they all hit over 145, but were still pink in center?? Everyone loved them, served with fresh chimichurri. I'll post with photos on SUWYC Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021.
        Last edited by Dr. Pepper; February 20, 2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like they made it to a safe temp yet were still delicious! Great job!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here