Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Angus Choice 1855 Briskets + #WhoDat1 = #BrisketHappiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is beautiful, and heartwarming. Thanks!

Comment

Well, I learned about my cooker today with the 10 Brisket cook.

1.) Bark formation does happen, but it takes longer. Sometimes, It's easier to put the ones where the bark is soft on the warmed up stickburner to get that bark finished off.
      2.) I can't just leave the house if the briskets are all different sizes...I'll have to tend to them along the way more often.
      3.) I can't wait to have at automatic pit temp control devices actually working! The one that some with it sort of works, and the CyberQ Wifi's 25 cfm fan is too small to get this big pit hot enough. I'm ordering a 2nd fan. Until then, I use the chinease one and have to hand adjust fan speed and use the ball valve.
      4.) I've come up with more mods to tune the pit involving the charcoal chute and firebox insulation (more on that in a different post.
      5.) I LOVE these 1855 Angus Upper-End Choice Briskets! There is so much "Wabble" in them. They definately cooked better than the Excel Texan Choice (which cost $1-1.50 less).
      6.) Cooking great food is great for bringing people together and/or increasing their joy when they are together.
      7.) Identifying when 10 different briskets are done, with varying sizes, in varying placements in a new cooker (where I'm not sure where the hotter/colder spots are) is not easy. We did it pretty well, but not perfect. A couple of them were overcooked (one wanted to fall apart when sliced, the other was over a hotter spot and the bottom got too dry and crispy on the end).

Let's take a walk through the slicing and serving together, shall we?

Here are the Americorp Young Leaders (blue t-shirts) leading tonight's kid camp awards banquet
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3386.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	98605

Here is everyone having a great time enjoying the food!

Name:	IMG_3365.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	98606

The guy on the right is my bud Kedrick. He's a Corporal in the City Police, and he has built relationships with the kids and parents who are participating in this summer kids camp. That's when he was inspired to host the Banquet, getting the kids and parents together for a meal and the conclusion banquet for the camp. The guy in the middle is our Honerable Mayor, Randy Roach. I think he's a super health concious diet person, because he complemented me on the brisket by smell only...he hadn't eaten any yet. I'll love him anyway.

Name:	IMG_3367-180.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	98607

Here are the Americorp peeps, who got to eat when all the festivities were completed.

Name:	IMG_3364.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	98600

Eating...oh yeah, there was food involved.

Name:	IMG_3359-180.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	98608
      Here are Sam and I playing Dueling Brisket Carving@ (I won, of course.)

Name:	IMG_3350.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	98601 The #BrisketSword is a Beast. It cut through this stuff like Buddah!!! The largest brisket was BIG, I'm guessing 18 pounds, and we had it on the smoke for 16 hours...Unwrapped! So, it got quite crispy and even the mighty BrisketSword struggled to get started through the hard edges. But, WOW, this thing works! The slight curve in the blade is so handy, and it just works. I don't know how to recommend it's performance more.

Name:	IMG_3351.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	98603
      More slices. Aren't they pretty!

Name:	IMG_3380.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	98602
      I mentioned it earlier, but these Upper-Choice Angus briskets were great. Lots of marbling which results in lots of Wabble. They cooked great and were tender tender.

Name:	IMG_3390.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	98604
      Everyone ate, and, like Jesus said when there was extra food when he fed the 5,000 in John 6, "Let nothing be wasted." So, here is 2.5 briskets all sliced up.

The far left pan has a big wad of all the trimmings from the slicing of the big 10 Brisket cook. I have big plans for that stuff...I'll post a pic or 2 when I execute that plan.

So, big cook #1 of the new insulated cabinet is under the belt.

Comment

Great cook! The briskets looks awesome PaulstheRibList

Comment

Man, you rock the sliced brisket pictures that's for sure. Awesome post!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            The darn briskets were so moist that the bark would slide down the slices a little bit when you cut them then fanned them out. I'll just have to cook them dryer to make the slices pictures even better. bummer

Looks like ya done good

Comment

PaulstheRibList looks Like you killed it. How many people did you have running around that place? looks like a lot of fun!!!! Great Job. It always feels good to make awesome food for good people.

Comment

Wait for it...

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	62
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	98644

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here