Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Attempt at Pastrami. Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa, now this was a hit. I cooked the point which was about 5.5 pounds at 250 until it was about 195 and probe tender which took about 8 hours. It was melt in your mouth good and the flavors were amazing! My wife even likes it more than my brisket which was the flat cooked last week. Needless to say, the week’s worth of curing etc was worth it. Amazing!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fantastic. Great job.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, homemade pastrami is great. If you have the room, you can cure multiple flats and freeze the ones you don't smoke. Desalinate them all, then freeze. When you want one as pastrami, thaw, rub, smoke.

BTW, as corned beef (i.e. just no smoking) it's pretty damn good.

Finally, grab a turkey breast, cure it and smoke to about 165. Voila, turkey pastrami>=.

Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here