Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a fav recipe for chuck roast on the smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My go to is;
    SPG, smoke to 138 internal, then bag and sous vide at 138 for 48-72 hours.

Comment

I seldom veer from David Parrish 's tried and true Chuck Roast on the PBC , a fav topic here. It's a winner every time. Like him, I start the PBC out at a pretty high temp then let it settle down into its favorite 275° range and make chuck roast magic.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the input! I appreciate the help!

Comment

Similar to clays that EdF posted above but with some minor tweaks (no bbq sauce and added fat instead makes it more leftover-versatile).

I do like QVQ for this (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...s-vide-chuckie (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/the-pit-mastery-program/sous-vide/448657-sous

The QVQ version is good, albeit with a little less aggressive bark, and easier when providing for a party since you can do the last Q on-site and people are amazed.

QVQ chuckie. I tried chuckies several times and was always disappointed. Too dry. I wrapped earlier and it was good, but basically a pot roast. After hearing

Comment

Tons of great advice here and you cant go wrong. Earlier in the thread it was asked if you want to pull or slice. I generally want to pull the chuck and have cooked a number of ways. It is my favorite for sure. Mostly salt, pepper, garlic powder. Cook to 160 and wrap in foil with some beef stock and take to at least 205, but it is better if you let it go to 215. Be prepared for at least 8 hours.

Comment

Oh for cripe's sake... Mr. Bones had it dead on... (no offense to all of you that make better food than me)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Chuckie Spice.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	915090
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Chuckie Cook.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	915089

Comment

Pepper Stout Pulled Beef!

INGREDIENTS
                - 1 5lb Chuck Roast
                - 3 whole Bell Peppers
                - 1 whole red onion
                - 1-3 whole jalepenos
                - 4 large garlic cloves
                - 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
                - 12 oz Guinness Extra Stout
                - 1 Tbsp salt
                - 1 1/2 Tbsp Black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

- Season chuck roast on both sides with salt and pepper
                - Smoke until internal temp reaches 165
                - While meat is cooking combine all of the remaining ingredients into a grill safe pan and mix
                - Once meat reaches temp, place into the braising liquid and cover tightly with foil
                - Put in oven at 350 degrees until meat is tender, about 3-4 hours
                - Once meat is fork tender, shred
                - If there is excess liquid, simmer uncovered until liquid has reduced
                - Serve on french bread with mayo and swiss/provolone cheese

Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
                  barelfly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great cook! I like it!

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks an sounds Delicious!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here