Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akaushi! Wowser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akaushi! Wowser!

Click image for larger version  Name:	3F9BB1C9-7467-4DB0-8A70-AA6F50A0E67B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.64 MB ID:	905253 My local grill shop sells Akaushi beef. Just got a ribeye (sous vide to 127, sear on CI) and wowser, as tender as a filet with the flavor of a prime aged ribeye gone to heaven. Also bought an akaushi brisket on sale at 5.99/lb. looks Way better than the wagyu briskets at HEB for more. This is my new favorite Click image for larger version  Name:	FBC8AA32-5BC6-40E9-8952-879B5D91AEA1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.34 MB ID:	905252Click image for larger version  Name:	4B5CB71D-AAE7-4D1C-A238-2FAA35D9C8B5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.50 MB ID:	905251

No wonder.... The Japanese Brown (Japanese: 褐毛和種, Akage Washu or 赤牛, Aka Ushi) is a breed of small Japanese beef cattle. It is one of six native Japanese cattle breeds,[2] and one of the four Japanese breeds known as wagyū, the others being the Japanese Black, the Japanese Polled and the Japanese Shorthorn.[3]:420 All wagyū cattle derive from cross-breeding in the early twentieth century of native Japanese cattle with imported stock, mostly from Europe.[4]:5 In the case of the Japanese Brown, the principal foreign influence was from the Korean Hanwoo and Swiss Simmental breeds.[1]

Comment

How do you say "Moooooooooooooooo" in Japanese?

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I found it! ムーウー

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Easy for you to say...

https://heartbrandbeef.com/product/ribeye/

ouch.

Comment

• fracmeister
        fracmeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I paid 27$/lb for the boneless ribeye
        Last edited by fracmeister; September 3, 2020, 02:59 PM.

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah it's not unreasonable for high quality meat. It's just... ouch.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis