Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo View Post
    Ganesh2
    From your most recent photos and video, I stand corrected. I now think you do in fact have a picanha.
    Here is a video that can help with the trimming and prepping.

You should be able to adapt this to help you with your question about how to cut.
    Cheers,
    Ricardo
    thanks, next week i got a special delivery of Picanha direct of a farmer, and i will try it according your video!

Comment

Originally posted by Donw View Post
      The picanha cut of meat has lots of different names as you mentioned and some others such as coulotte and top sirloin cap. The brisket is from another part of the animal.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B158D264-537E-4AEF-836D-AA26F21A8FA4.png
Views:	434
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	869847 As you probably know it is usually served in one of two styles. The first is grilled as a flat steak while the other is served as a C shaped piece of meat on a skewer with the slices cut vertically from the standing skewer. The idea of first cutting the meat with the grain is important when using a skewer because the final eating slice from the skewer will then be across the grain. C⬇️ (Using an iPad so I can’t really do a down arrow.) In my experience when cooking as a flat steak, cut it whichever way produces the shortest length of long fibers on the final eating slice.
      Picanha is located on top between sirloin en round i believe

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here