Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sliced beef short ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliced beef short ribs?

Just opened a pack from Costco of what I thought was bone-in beef short ribs. I neglected to see the word ‘sliced’. So I now have a mess-o sliced short ribs that look like a bunch of thick sliced bacon. I’m thinking of cooking them like unsliced ribs — salt, rub, smoker, etc.— but for a shortened cook. Any other suggestions?

Bulgogi, Kalbe (recipe in the free section), yakitori (remove bones), Korean street tacos, Korean BBQ short ribs is coke (Chef Jet)...Today we had a version of Korean short rib tacos (another recipe of Chef Jet's) but it was the 4" cubes that we shredded not the thin sliced. Could still do it and shred it. I made an Asian slaw to go with it. Wife says it's a keeper.

Comment

Flanken cut ribs are really good fast cooked. It depends on the thickness of course. Marinate and then about 4 minutes per side on a hot grill.

Comment

Thanks guys. I had never heard of flanken cut ribs -- love learning new stuff. I will try Meathead's recipe. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here