Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Reheating Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njedward
    Club Member
    • Apr 2016
    • Central Illinois
    • N

Primo Oval XL
      Cook-Air Red
      BBQ Guru Wifi
      Anova Sous-Vide Cooker

Reheating Rib Roast

Found myself in a situation where I need to cook a nice big prime rib roast on Christmas Eve and then serve on Christmas day. Any suggestions on gentle reheating or changes to make to cook to keep things as good as possible?
  • Donw
    Club Member
    • Jul 2017

Two ways come to mind. You might consider just cooking to about 115-120 on the first cook, and then chill. The day of serving place in the oven and continue the cook until you reach 115-120 again and then give it time at around 500 for a good crust.
    The other tried and true method is to wrap in foil, with a little broth, and stick it in a 300F oven until it reaches temp. The general rule is to reach 160 on a reheat, so I generally use the first method. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      • Jun 2014
      • East Texas
      • Pit Barrel Cooker "Texas Brisket Edition"
        Weber One Touch Premium Copper 22" Kettle (gift)
        Slow 'n Sear for 22" Kettle
        Weber One Touch Premium Black 26" Kettle (gift)
        Slow 'n Sear XL for 26" Kettle (gift)
        Weber Smokey Joe Gold
        Weber Rapid Fire Chimney
        Vortex
        Maverick ET-732 White
        Maverick ET-732 Copper
        2- Auber SYL-1615 fan systems(Awesome!!!!!!!!)
        Thermoworks Thermapen w/ Back light (gift)
        Thermoworks Timestick
        Cambro Model 300MPC110 w/ Winco SS Pans
        B & B and Kingsford Charcoal
        B & B Pellets

I'd be trying my best to cook day of serving.

Comment

• texastweeter
        Club Member
        • Jul 2017
        • Republic of Texas

Smoke at 225° until 120° IT. refrigerate. Day of, remove from fridge and let sit in counter as long as practicable/safe. Then sear in 500° oven for 30 minutes just before service.

Comment

• njedward
          Club Member
          • Apr 2016
          • Central Illinois
          • N

Primo Oval XL
            Cook-Air Red
            BBQ Guru Wifi
            Anova Sous-Vide Cooker

Ended up doing it the day of but the advice was certainly valuable. 2nd or 3rd time for a rib roast according to website recipe. Winner all three times. Primo XL with Auber smoker controller. Thanks again fellas!

Comment

• theleeb
            Club Member
            • Dec 2017
            • Maryland
            • I use the Char-griller Smokin' Pro....more for grilling than smoking now that I have the set-it and forget-it Pit Barrel drum cooker.

Leisurely activities including sitting in my porch rocker while smoking a stogie and sipping on some red wine. All good.

Glad I found this topic cause I was wondering the same thing....cooked the roast to 135 a couple days ago and thoroughly enjoyed. But there's leftovers and I need to reheat. Wasn't sure of the temp to reach. I see 160 in this thread but it seems that would lose the medium rare taste.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
            See more
            See less
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Meat-Up in Memphis