Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating Rib Roast

Found myself in a situation where I need to cook a nice big prime rib roast on Christmas Eve and then serve on Christmas day. Any suggestions on gentle reheating or changes to make to cook to keep things as good as possible?

Two ways come to mind. You might consider just cooking to about 115-120 on the first cook, and then chill. The day of serving place in the oven and continue the cook until you reach 115-120 again and then give it time at around 500 for a good crust.
    The other tried and true method is to wrap in foil, with a little broth, and stick it in a 300F oven until it reaches temp. The general rule is to reach 160 on a reheat, so I generally use the first method. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

I'd be trying my best to cook day of serving.

Comment

Smoke at 225° until 120° IT. refrigerate. Day of, remove from fridge and let sit in counter as long as practicable/safe. Then sear in 500° oven for 30 minutes just before service.

Comment

Ended up doing it the day of but the advice was certainly valuable. 2nd or 3rd time for a rib roast according to website recipe. Winner all three times. Primo XL with Auber smoker controller. Thanks again fellas!

Comment

Glad I found this topic cause I was wondering the same thing....cooked the roast to 135 a couple days ago and thoroughly enjoyed. But there's leftovers and I need to reheat. Wasn't sure of the temp to reach. I see 160 in this thread but it seems that would lose the medium rare taste.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here