Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot and Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot and Fast

Hi all..been thinking about Hot and Fast Brisket instead of my usual Low and Slow. Anyone tried with success Hot and Fast?

Yep. Nearly every cook. Lifes to short to cook at 225F

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yip

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha, I like that one!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup

Do briskets in my PBC, hot n fast (270s) is how it rocks.

Comment

OK here ya go, Harry Soo did a 14# brisket in under 2 hours...watch and learn

Comment

• AngieAng
        AngieAng commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks dry

It’s the only way I cook brisket. Start at noon, on the table by 6pm.

Comment

Do it.

Comment

300 degrees, fat side down as a heat shield, I'll bet you don't go back to low and slow.

Comment

• AngieAng
            AngieAng commented
            Editing a comment
            Fat side down....hummmmmmm

• ColonialDawg
            ColonialDawg commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually cook mine fat side up.

Tried it once with a small piece of brisket, like Old Smoke cooked at 300 but I did flip mine so all 4 sides faced the heat for an hour or so.
          Must have came out pretty good, disappeared really fast.

Comment

Okay, so what is the catch? Shouldn't there be no such thing as a free lunch?

Comment

Yep always cook mine at 275 or a little over. Last 14lb packer took 7+ hrs. Always use a prime one and a 1/4 inch fat cap.

Comment

By hot and fast, are we talking 300+? Anything under 300 is still low and slow in my book.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
                  mountainsmoker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Low 'n slow has always been defined as below 250 to me in any of my BBQ books or in person. But there is always room for friendly debate. LOL

My best brisket cook ever was Memorial day and I did it following Harry Soo's hot & fast method. IMO starting off with Prime brisket is key.
                Attached Files

Comment

• JPGators17
                  JPGators17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful, efincoop. What rub got you that perfect bark?

• efincoop
                  efincoop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks JPGators17! I used Meat Church Holy Cow and added a little celery seed to boost the smoke ring.

I've only done one full packer brisket and I did it hot and fast, but I'm about to do another at the end of the month.

14 pound (untrimmed) prime brisket from Costco ($50)
                Dry brined generously 48 hours
                Black pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, and onion powder rub
                Cooked on Primo XL @ 325
                Applewood chunks under Royal Oak lump charcoal
                On @ 7:15 am
                Water in the drip pan
                Spritzed with apple cider vinegar and water
                165f @ 10 am wrapped with bone broth
                Done by 12 pm
                Cambro until dinner time

Click image for larger version  Name:	870hah2BAQweC_U3UyN58cayPmcBVcqqD8XDrND10snFcGIZ4pZkKbW18TqoPqOP3tumUQyQShAySLOQMvIzBfi_mEGbiA1F_ZN8cn_Fz_AGswZ5iXRo6oVkpp7v3LHhX-a80EyDBwG0d5qSiHWJeguZqNvBNursi0gfL6odUGwnGY1rnxVyPP3cUyCfucgVsUV5kgkuwzUajBAcp8565WzAecwgw-27GF7z8dCSERw47YChqj6OUiRrOu9qGkV Views:	2 Size:	553.8 KB ID:	693529

Click image for larger version  Name:	kuNDBVc3Ckj_DaU4oEeKjzsQU2s1Z62ew-LzaE6QFrrvKkbzh8WkD7b3YY1bPwCH1QWtgXDWEUHZIlX2M1GQevBw6gUFISFltt8USf4v5aG4mrZFnqCEQM1GtyHA0hYaa7dCTIwkbc_7KWXbHMrsNWLyLRxvA8h1uudj2VZ2AXmce18ftFm_Hjtd0LqNCZ9WyUf_0cSu7MV01f8naI4ChWPoZsa-SSPzenzb6o3TXjkDbVp8Cv4njDz7T3RdRdA Views:	1 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	693530

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, it was actually just a tight fitting cooler not a real Cambro.

• JimLinebarger
                  JimLinebarger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man that looks good!

• Dr. Pepper
                  Dr. Pepper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now that looks moist! I need to try that. With my KBQ needing to be fed every 20-25 min, 12 hour cooks are rough, plus since I don't believe in staying up at night in order to make tomorrow's meal, it leaves no camber time. Nice job!

Please stop posting pictures, everyone. I’m at work and you are making me hungry. Just knock it off.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your feed back....I’ll try hot and fast with a small brisket about 300-325 and see how it will turn out. Fingers crossed

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don’t forget the pics!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here