Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total grocery shopping score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total grocery shopping score

Hit Costco this morning for the usual grocery shopping trip and someone in the price label printing shop really hates the place or did not get their coffee before starting work.
    Check out the price per pound on this standing rib roast. They had 3 priced the same way, a 5.75 pound, 6 pound and a 12 pound one. Nearly 24 pounds of tasty tasty beef for about $12. I took them all.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181215_192246.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	608057
    When I got to the checkout I just hoped the famous Costco customer service would kick in and I wouldn't have them taken away from me. The cart loader kept looking at them and saying how good they were, but they just rang them up without a second thought.
    Hurrah!

Wow! Best score Iโ€™ve seen on meat on the Pit!!!

Comment

Score of the century....what a boner !!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        What a boner or got a boner?

Merry Christmas!

Comment

WOW! Probably the best deal I have seen. Nice score.

Comment

dang, I thought I did good with a 6lb one I got today at $3 a lb

Comment

I agree - best deal I have seen on meat.

Comment

Holy crap. Thatโ€™s unbelievable ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘รขล“โ€นรขล“โ€น๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
              You should go back tomorrow and see if you find some more.
              Heck for that price see if they have a freezer on sale just to stock up.

Comment

• yrddraiggoch
                yrddraiggoch commented
                Editing a comment
                got 2 full size freezers already, both full. a 3rd might be a bit of overkill

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a deal! And I would check back tomorrow too.

Comment

Plenty giving you praise but in my book that is dishonesty at it's best. I guess if you can feel good about yourself, so be it.

Comment

Wow super score! I'm so jealous of you guys who have a Costco in your area!

Comment

Even I could afford that at current exchange rate of about R14 to $1.
                    Great find, you didn't make or alter the price tag and that's your good.
                    Enjoy the meat.

Comment

Wow, thatโ€™s like priced from 50 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by holehogg View Post
                        Even I could afford that at current exchange rate of about R14 to $1.
                        Great find, you didn't make or alter the price tag and that's your good.
                        Enjoy the meat.
                        It's not a matter of altering it so much as it is knowing it is a mistake and taking advantage of it regardless of who may end up paying the price. Does it hurt Costco's bottom line? Probably not, but the employee that screwed up could find him or herself in a heap of trouble. I see I'm in the minority on this and thats OK. Just standing for what i think is right and wrong.

Comment

• Fire Art
                          Fire Art commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would have reported it

• RustyHaines
                          RustyHaines commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would have reported it also. It was clearly a mistake and reporting the mistake is the right thing to do IMO. I buy 90% of my meat at Costco so I have a vested interest in their continued success.

Score! When you drove out of the parking lot were you looking over your shoulder - like the manager was going to be running after you?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here