Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rib roast in oven temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rib roast in oven temp?

I bought a 4 lb rib roast and am going to be roasting in oven, ( smoker next time ) can anyone suggest what temps. to roast at? thanks.... I was thinking of starting about 450 degree to get a bit of a crust for about 30 min. then droping to 350 to finish off but ive never done rib roast

I would cook it low and slow. Go at about 250 F, then allow the roast to come up to about 115 F. Remove the roast from the oven, turn on the broiler and let it heat up. Then return the roast to the oven and broil, rotating frequently to avoid burning the outside of the roast and to make sure you get a nice sear on the outside. I do this at X-mas with my roast and it works great.

**I like to have the roast on a wire rack while I am searing to make sure that I am persevering the crust as I rotate. **

Comment

• PappyBBQ
      PappyBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly how I do it as well. Like reverse sear for roasts. When I do mine I mix a large amount of garlic into grey poupon mustard and put a thick coat on the roast (after the dry brine). When it gets to the temp I want I remove what slather remains, add pepper and sear.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I make sure to do a good trim job on the roast. I rub the roast with Avocado Oil and Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust. Place the roast in the oven until the internal temp hits 115 F. I don't use mustard as binders on roasts or on BBQ. (I don't care for it) Mrs. O'Leary's Cow crust is amazing on a rib roast. I would make sure to give that a try. PappyBBQ

• PappyBBQ
      PappyBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya talked me into it Spinaker! Gonna try the cow crust.

marshall Look no further than Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust! By far my favorite on rib roasts. Go for the freshest ingredients possible for maximum results.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Bingo. That’s the winning combo.

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto!

awesomness!!! thank ya lookin forward to this meal!!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      My pleasure! You should be pumped!

When cooking in an oven, I've cranked it up to max for 30 min. and then turn it to the lowest setting till internal temp reaches about 130 degrees. Simple salt pepper and granulated garlic for a rub.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here