Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket with BBBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket with BBBR

Sunday I did a "Big Ol' Brisket" on my Oklahoma Joe's Highland offset. I used Mesquite wood along with charcoal. It was a full packer, about 15 pounds after trimming. Smoked it until it hit about 160F, then a very unexpected heavy rain started, so I had to move it into the oven (boo!). But it was time to wrap it anyway, so it didn't need a whole lot more smoke. Did some really tender and tasty burnt ends from the point, and decent slices from the flat.

Pretty much followed the "Basic Brisket" steps from the public part of this site, and used @meatheads Big Bad Beef Rub. It was a major hit! Thanks to all the help I get here, both recipes and the occasional question here on the boards!

Peace,
    B
    Attached Files

Wow!! Great looking fat slices!!! Congrats..

Comment

Are you the guy I conversed with over on BBQ Brethren?

Comment

• BCampbell
        BCampbell commented
        Editing a comment
        No sir. But I would welcome the chance!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        These things happen! The guy I talked to (and his wife) own a retirement trailer park in S. Daytona Beach. Which coincidentally happened to be where my father lived out his days. And he's definitely a serious BBQ guy!

Welp, now I'm hungry for brisket. I guess I'm officially off the fence about whether to do a brisket this weekend.

Comment

Nice brisket but where can i get some chang beer?

Comment

• BCampbell
          BCampbell commented
          Editing a comment
          My brother in law went to Thailand and brought everyone back Chang shirts. I've never had one!

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Guess I'll have to go with the Sierra Nevada. Oh yeah, nice brisket too!

BeeeYuuuTeeeFul

or, in short,

B-U-T-Ful

Comment

Yum! I love how you can see the juiciness. Nicely done!!

Comment

Nice lookin' cook.

Comment

Great Lookin Brisket, amigo! Nice Job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here