Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh this was over due!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh this was over due!

Sorry fellas and ladies. I have not fired up a grill in like 6 weeks! Wrapping up things quickly in the homestead now and in crunch mode. All I had on the list for this weekend was install an exterior door. So as luck would have it!

Oh to pick the beast...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2231.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	483366

The usual reverse sear for this 4 pounder...

Name:	IMG_1568.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	483367

The usual sear...

Name:	IMG_1573.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	483368

Texas Strong my arse! I could not even finish a fourth of this thing!

Name:	IMG_1579.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	483369

But it was DELISH!

Name:	IMG_1583.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	483370

It sure looks good!

Comment

Gorgeous!! Where you get them tomahawks?

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Where's the HEB, in Kemah? We don't have them here, Costco has them but their's are like roasts on a stick, too big. Was thinking about making a run to Seabrook to get some jumbo shrimp for the barbie. Perhaps we can meet up one of these weekends, I've never been to the new Tookies.

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        If ya come to Seabrook, the HEB I go to is on 96. Not too far from Seabrook.

• W.A.
        W.A. commented
        Editing a comment
        I eye them every time I go there. Me want

WOW! I need to try that direct on the coals thing

Comment

Wow!! That’s for serious!!!

Comment

Thats some good looking Protein!! Perfectly cooked! Makes my mouth water!!!

Comment

Way to Represent! looks fantastic!!! what rub/seasoning? Dalmation?

Comment

Good to see ya cookin again. You sure makes up for things in a big way. Great lookin plate!
              Last edited by FireMan; April 14, 2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Nice work, those things are just ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by texastweeter View Post
                  Way to Represent! looks fantastic!!! what rub/seasoning? Dalmation?
                  B$B Lump brother, Peach wood for smoke. (Odd I know but I have come to love it!) After a good brining, a dab of Malcom Reed's AP rub, and Heaven Made That's Incredible. Been my go-to combo lately. Dang good!

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am a huge fan of Heaven Made products. Their It's Incredible texastweeter reminds me of a beefed up Morton's Nature's Seasons- garlic, onion, s &p, umami. Great on just about everything from fries to eggs to steak & chicken. lonnie mac I find peach smoke really accentuates anything Asian or jerk like char siu or jerk chicken. Have you ever noticed that?

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lonnie mac I find myself going back to old school mesquite/oak more often, was doing hickory exclusively. In fact, thinking about getting a cord of jusf plain mesquite, going way back to the old days !!!

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do LOVE mesquite brother!

Looks fabulous!

Comment

Out. Freakin’. Standing!

Comment

Hey brother. I got your back. Need help with that tomahawk, sure thing!

Comment

Nothing short of awesome!

Comment

Wow...that looks crazy delicious. Glad to see you at it again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here