Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmmm can you tell who's is who's. Cook pics tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm can you tell who's is who's. Cook pics tomorrow

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1218.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	365481Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1217.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	365480 Can anyone tell which steak is my wife's???

I just got home from the butcher with a nice little prime filet mignon 8oz. For me. Yeah right. And a 30oz bone in ribeye also prime. Both are about 2" thick. Now dry brining in the fridge for tomorrow's nights cook.
    I plan on a sous vide bath @ 129* for 2hrs for the ribeye and 1-1/2hrs for the filet.
    The filet will than get butterflied and seared. That's how she likes it. And of course the ribeye will also get a nice sear.
    Cook pics will come tomorrow night.

I would so rather roll with a Select ribeye than a Prime filet....unless I got three strips of bacon with it.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure about select but definitely choice.
      For me a filet is "ok" but the texture and flavor of a ribeye. There is NO comparison.
      But as you said bacon wrap that sucker and we might be in business.

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on what Jerod said.

You weren't too coy about tipping us the answer. But I knew as soon as the question was raised!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I don't have a poker face. Huh.

Both look beautiful. Any chance she'll have "a bite or 2" of yours?

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably not. In fact I will almost definitely finish hers.

This looks great to me! Dang they both look perfect. I am the ribeye guy on the grill. I ALWAYS reserve the filet for the lava rock. I serve it raw to the table on a 500 degree searing lava rock, you eat and cook each bite. It changed the way I think about filet! Can't wait for the pics brother!

Comment

• adamjs83
      adamjs83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Second that request for pics. I would love more info on that.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother.
      I really love how you serve your filet. Would really enjoy sitting down with you and experiencing that.
      I actually love eating steak tartare. It's one of my guilty pleasures. Funny it's a way to keep the wife away. It disgusts her.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I recently had filet on a searing rock ... it's pretty amazing. Gonna have to do it at home, now

No doubt my wife's choice matches your wife's. Even to the point of doneness.

Comment

I don't want to jack your great thread brotha! I cant wait to see some pics of this cook! But here is a sneak peak. I only break out the lava rocks once a year, usually for Christmas for me and the Moonbeam. Sometimes out of the blue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6100.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	365593

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks amazing! Where do you get the portable heat source?

No worries man. Looks like you're bout to one hell of a nice meal. Beautiful brother

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here