Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First guinea pig cook of this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First guinea pig cook of this year

No I'm not cooking a guinea pig it is cooking something for someone else for there first time. Tonight it is prime rib for the winery, they commissioned me to cook one for valentine's day so I am doing one for the owner and help so they can see what it is like and decide. Click image for larger version

Name:	1485462896811.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	267858

Awesome! Good luck! Maybe you can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Comment

You tricked me. I really thought there would be a guinea pig....

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
        Jeff_Carley commented
        Editing a comment
        i hear they have a sell going at PETCO, the USDA grading can be tricky though

What no guinea pig recipe? The let down! What you got there might be as good. Good luck!

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Prolly similar to prairie dog. Google it. JK

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, go find woodchuck - more meat!

Congrats - I hope you impress them.

Comment

[Sees title]

[Tries to think if guinea pig is a channel we already have, or if it needs to go under Wild Game]

[Relieved when opens posts and actually reads it]

You simply cannot go wrong with Meathead's Prime Rib recipe and Cow Crust, and light wood!

Comment

• customtrim
          customtrim commented
          Editing a comment
          I did not wood on this one, did cow crust

So no smoked cooked to 115 started the sear process cooked till 125 126 wrapped up in foil delivered to the winery temp hit 130 a minute after I got there they unwrapped the pig, I mean beef cut and devoured it, you would have thought they were starving children. They are esthetic so got the job along with cooking the prime rib they will be serving my chocolate covered strawberry smore 55.00 person includes already mentioned plus lobster tail wine, going to be a 5 course meal ​

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work! That sounds like a great meal. Who can say no to lobster and prime rib...

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure you get your cut!

Cut of your Guinea pig that is

Comment

Congrats on landing the job, customtrim ! How many prime rib roasts will you be cooking for them? Sounds like you're going to have a busy Valentine's Day.

Kathryn

Comment

• customtrim
            customtrim commented
            Editing a comment
            I won't know until closer to the day. Should be a fun day ordered a cyberq to help out

I am going to contact PETA about this (people eating tasty animals)

Comment

• customtrim
            customtrim commented
            Editing a comment
            I was afraid of that

I have actually had guinea pig - it isn't bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it. Capybaras have more meat. I have had lion, too, and wouldn't try it again on a bet. But I have never heard of lobster tail wine!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Beef Wellington After.jpg Views:	1 Size:	577.1 KB ID:	268418 My Beef Wellington came out pretty well, although I did use store bought puff pastry. I have made that before, but like fresh pasta, I don't think the effort is worth it. Maybe I will try Guinea Pig Wellington some time (NOT!).
            Last edited by Yno; January 29, 2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here