Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to eat less meat. Should the government step in?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to eat less meat. Should the government step in?

Big brother is eventually going to drive up the price of meat...😡

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives...tm_campaign=nl

so you read an opinion piece and got sad? nothing in the article said anything was going to happen, it was Laura Wellesley complaining about meat consumption

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Movements start with a whisper... The Spotted owl that greatly changed the logging industry in the Pacific Northwest, started as a whisper. Global warming discussions started in 1961 at the UN. The 2" minnow that has put 100's of thousands of humans out of work in California.

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      and i thought i was paranoid. the internet is LOUSY with this stuff. it's not like this is a grass roots movement. this has been a topic between vegitarians and meat eaters forever...besides even if it does come to pass that the government starts to tax red meat because we can't save our planet without reducing the bovine count then i'll accept it. i won't be happy about it but it beats losing the whole planet. i'm not THAT selfish
      Last edited by DeusDingo; July 21, 2016, 12:10 PM.

The issue is if you fast forward some number of years, cattle isn't too sustainable. And right now meat and dairy industry gets billions in federal subsidy. I just read $38 Billion in subsidy. So it's already costing us more than we think.

Comment

• GBA
      GBA commented
      Editing a comment
      Better the farmers get support than the sugar plantation, oil, etc etc etc,

• BenzieBBQ
      BenzieBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Corporate "farmers" get the $. The great majority of the subsidy goes to trillion-dollar conglomerates.

DeusDingo ... "and i thought i was paranoid. the internet is LOUSY with this stuff".

Observing what others are chatting about is not paranoia. You can learn quantum physics on the Internet, without going to college. Being able to pick the fly shit out of the pepper is the magic. I posted that article as humor more than anything else. The odds that that would ever happen is slight to none. It's interesting to me that a certain segment of our fellow citizens spend their whole life doing crazy stuff like that. Unfortunately organizations like Green Peace actually gets laws passed.

Comment

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      you go pick those flies. i'll stay away from the pile

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Picking the fly dung out of the pepper is a figure of speech.😆

Verging on politics.

Meanwhile, I'm about to start reading this:

Comment

Closed. If the title of the thread has the word "government" in it there's a likely chance the discussion is too political for The Pit.

Guideline #2: "We are all friends and we are here to discuss food. That is what binds us together. You can disagree with each other but please don't attack anyone personally, no politics or religion, and keep the flames in your backyard pit and out of The Pit community."

The rest can be found here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here