Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook time

I'm going to smoke 2 briskets in my Cookshack smoker. My question : do I need to increase the time. When I smoke 1 , it's a 15 hr cook at 225 and I pull it off at 195. I have a Cookshack 008.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; June 4, 2016, 09:12 AM.

As long as both pieces of meat are similar size and you're not blocking air movement around them, they should cook as fast as one piece. 15 hours @ 225° seems like a very long time. How big a hunk of meat are you normally cooking?

Comment

It's usually a packer brisket that I get at SAMs , comes out very tender. Weight is around 13
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; June 4, 2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I've run almost 16 hours on a full packer........and like Steve said, given enough space they should cook independently. Just keep an eye on them, if they are slacking go ahead and crank things up to 250+. Little more heat never hurt.

Comment

Jimbo887 - what Jerod said. I will tell you to make certain that you keep both meats from touch on the grills else they will cook as one LARGE clod of meat instead of two different cooks. Touching meat will dramatically increase you cooking times. ENJOY!

Comment

How did it go?

Comment

Got any photos of your finished briskets?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'm doing the cook for this Saturday, also doing 2 butts as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here