Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First ever brisket trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ever brisket trim

Be honest, how badly did it go? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6604.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	1482371 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6605.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	1482373 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6609.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1482372

Hey Pasadena, I’m right over here in La Crescenta. What is the weight of your finished brisket and did you remove the point? What are you smoking on? Freeze the fat for sausage or burgers or make some tallow.

Comment

• GreaseShirt
      GreaseShirt commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn’t remove the point but did cave out the fat under the Mohawk and left the Mohawk on for burnt ends (at least that was the intention)

Nice job on the trim. That brisket is looking good--and is going to look even better when it gets its cook on. Keep us posted.

If I were you, I'd tallow that whole batch of trimmings. You'll be good for steak cooks for a year with that much!

Kathryn

Comment

Looks good to go to me. I gauge my brisket trims by how long it takes and how many band-aids I need to finish.

Comment

• GreaseShirt
        GreaseShirt commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn’t time myself but a lot longer than anticipated and only one band aid!

Looks good enough to eat!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here