Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large chuck roast? (Edited for correction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large chuck roast? (Edited for correction)

Why have I never seen or heard of these. While searching for briskets, I came across this. I think I want this more then the brisket.

https://www.clickredwagyubeef.com/co...hi-chuck-roast
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 5, 2022, 04:02 PM.

The description on the site says 3.2 – 4.2 lbs? That's still a good price for the quality you will probably get.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, thank you, It must have been another site, or I completely did not read it correct. But I’ve never seen a chuck that looks that size.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, definitely looks thicker than what I typically see at Kroger, and they cut theirs thicker than most.

I have one from Click that I will be cooking next weekend. It's 4.1 LB, and looks fantastic.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic, please report back with results. That just seems like a lot of great beef.

I have cooked three Click chuckies and I have nothing bad to say about them! I cook like a brisket - at 250o until probe tender - usually at a bit higher temp - 205o - 210o. Sizes ranged from 3.7-4.5 lbs. I have two more (and a brisket) in the freezer right now.

30% off along with the 10% member discount is a great deal. The only problem with Click is that some distant members have had their stuff arrive thawed, partly a shipping company problem but Click should also offer 2nd day shipping; they only offer ground (inexpensive but problematic in hot weather) and next day (which is pricey).

Richard Chrz
    Last edited by 58limited; June 5, 2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I found one at the grocery store awhile back and snatched it up as I’d never seen one before. It’s still in the freezer waiting for an at-bat. I love smoked chuckies.

Comment

I've got 3 in the freezer from Click. All were 4lbs or greater if I remember correctly. I'm going to have one in the PBC soon!

Comment

I cooked up a Click Chuck as a smoked pot roast. You can see it on the Show Us thread.

Comment

I have a couple of those, but haven’t tried them yet. They look excellent, exactly like the picture.

Comment

Those prices seem relatively inexpensive for prime meats in the current economy..
              is it just me?

Comment

Got a chuck roast from Click and used it for a traditional dutch oven pot roast. Wife said it was the best pot roast she's ever had, I agreed.

Comment

Shoot. Looks like Click up ended. No longer selling online.
                  Click Akaushi Beef
                  Click Akaushi Beef appreciates your support & loyalty over the past year but we will no longer be selling cuts online.

Comment

• DaveD
                    DaveD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Whoa!!! That needs a thread of its own! Very unfortunate news, they have some fantastic beef. But I know there have been shipping challenges, presumably they decided to get out before having more of that...?

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here