Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seaweed Fed Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CaptainMike , you committed a laundry list of s peachy offenses in yer post, almost every word was used illegally. Some sensitivity & speechify training along with 40 lashes with a bbq mop is due fer openers der Cap’n.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hah! To the ramparts say I!!!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb the Nader pin was one of the greatest car safety features of the 20th century. 'Ol Ralph was way ahead of his time and lucky to have not committed suicide by a double tap to the back of his head a la Vince Foster. And he was absolutely correct about the 2016 election, I called it for the same reasons and I'm still LMAO about it!

Hey all, I didn't intend for this thread to become a debate about climate change. There are plenty of other places to discuss that. I just thought it interesting that seaweed could keep cows from burping! Please keep it to the discussion about beef! I wonder if it would taste good, better or worse than grass fed, tough or tender, who knows??

Comment

treesmacker I remember reading about this before. The amount of seaweed fed to the cows is a small addition to their diet. I doubt that it makes any difference in the taste of the beef:

"Over the course of five months last summer, Kebreab and Roque added scant amounts of seaweed to the diet of 21 beef cattle and tracked their weight gain and methane emissions. Cattle that consumed doses of about 80 grams (3 ounces) of seaweed gained as much weight as their herd mates while burping out 82 percent less methane into the atmosphere. Kebreab and Roque are building on their earlier work with dairy cattle, which was the world’s first experiment reported that used seaweed in cattle."

From March of this year:
      https://caes.ucdavis.edu/news/feedin...ons-82-percent

Seems like a clear win to me.
      Last edited by gboss; December 21, 2021, 08:25 PM. Reason: added an "a"

Comment

• gboss
        gboss commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb neither of those sound like particularly difficult challenges.

There's not enough of it in the wild to feed however many billion cattle or whatever. Really? you don't say. And we don't know how to farm it yet? Another shocker, since I'm sure the need has always been there. I have no reason to believe they won't be able to do this if they try.

And maybe not cloud seeding but I don't think giving it to the cattle is an unsolvable problem.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here