Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster Club Black "Bark" Friday Brisket Cook - Who's In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the name to " Black Bark Friday". Oh meteorite, oh meteorite, how condescending are you.

Comment

I'd love to, but I have to keep an eye on our 3 year old since her daycare is closed. So, I'll smoke one tomorrow instead!

Comment

I have yet to smoke a brisket (only 9 smokes in, and the couple of chuck roasts I've smoked have been fantastic), and wouldn't want to try my first one on the day after TXG. But smoking something the day after is a fine idea, so can I still lurk on the margins if what I'm smoking ain't a brisket??

Comment

And so it begins…
        Attached Files

Comment

• RickyBobby
          RickyBobby commented
          Editing a comment
          Joey877 , looks great! Hope it’s the best brisket you’ve ever done!

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Akaushi brisket!!!😱😱😱👍👍😎😎😎

Picked up my packer from Costco! Smaller than I usually go for, but SWMBO reminded me that it is just us for thanksgiving this year and that we will already have Turkey left overs, so she restricted the size. Lol! RickyBobby is excited. $4.39 per pound for Prime. Seriously looking forward to the updates from everybody who will be cooking!! And even more excited about those that will be following along and living that Bark Friday life vicariously through the Pit!!!!

.. Click image for larger version

Name:	62D5F7A0-C4C5-45B2-879F-1E9481197651.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1129208

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          There will be lots of us living vicariously brother! Smoke on with yer bad self!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great to see you again Ricky!

Count me among the vicarious brisketeers this time around! Will be following.

And hey, I put an 8.5-lb Creekstone Duroc pork butt in the smoker about an hour ago...

Comment

Ricky Bobby it was absolutely the best brisket I’ve done. I’m terrible with pictures but here are my efforts. STEbbq the Akaushi brisket is legit. You all have fun on bark Friday!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            No fair you cheated

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, poor me, first attempt and I hope it came out and……..
            THEN he droops a luscious slice O beef over a blade right in front of our faces!

Well I'm 100% out... Our Sams club completely removed the prime section and their Brisket selection was slim and way over priced. Stupid turkeys are filling the spot the glorious prime meats were in

Comment

I’m all in!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4968B015-F8B8-4AB7-878D-19F4E494A694.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1132332 Brisket prepped for Bark Friday!

Comment

• DaveD
                DaveD commented
                Editing a comment
                That is one fine looking hunka meat.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                That was an outstanding price, looks like a good one too 👍

• RickyBobby
                RickyBobby commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks all! Now let’s keep our fingers crossed I don’t screw it up!!! Lol!

After 2days of prep and cooking, I’m off today. I will eat leftover brisket though…best I can do.

Comment

I got a late start this morning, fire didn't want to burn like I wanted it to. Brisket was put on about 7:15 am ET.

It's a 14.6lb (11lb post trim) Prime from Sam's that I wet aged 60 days and has been frozen since last January. I plan to keep my fire more toward 275 to make up that hour I lost. We'll see how that plan goes. Could be another after8pm dinner but I hope not. Cold out this morning, wind chill 17F and I'm out in my short sleeve shirt, PJ bottoms and slippers.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad I'm not alone! RickyBobby

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nicely Done, Brothers!

Hail, I'm at th point where I go to th Grocery, or Likker store in my Pyjama bottoms...

• ddmcwhirter
                  ddmcwhirter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For Mr. Bones...I trying to see the scene of lovely women shopping in their pjs, while you peruse in your pjs. Heck, I may try that.

I'll burn some pellets today to pretend like I'm playing along, but nothing to throw on there... just need to clean up the grill a bit Good luck on those briskets folks

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                  Cold out this morning, wind chill 17F and I'm out in my short sleeve shirt, PJ bottoms and slippers.
                  PICS, PICS, PICS! or it didn't happen 😁

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah Huskee We need pics of your "outfit"

Click image for larger version  Name:	2D8B137E-9DA7-4EAD-ACAF-A0879808F9F1.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	3.78 MB ID:	1132744Cruising right along. In the stall currently.
                  Last edited by RickyBobby; November 26, 2021, 01:22 PM. Reason: Correcting the auto-incorrect.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wouldn't start cursing just yet.

• RickyBobby
                    RickyBobby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bah! Now I’m cursing autocorrect. Lol!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here