Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster Club Black "Bark" Friday Brisket Cook - Who's In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just cooked a 14 lb er last Thur/Fri. for visiting in-laws. It sure filled up my little Chimp but it did it's usual great job for 15 hours.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      What's wrong with cooking another next Fri?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      No pics Clark, didn’t happen 👎

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Clark Ouch.
      Isn't there a way for you to ignore those of us who enjoy the social network? If you don't look at SUWYC, Jokes, Music, Sunrise Sunsets, Off Topics, etc, you could be spared from having to suffer us 'super-egotistics.'

Any other day and I would be on this like a rat on a cheeto!!! We have a good friends wedding that weekend and leaving Friday morning so i'm out on this one. This sounds like a blast and I can't wait to see the outcome of this carnage cook...HA!!!
    I'm hoping everyone takes plenty of pictures....I'm interested in seeing everyones, prep, smoker/cooker setups, cook and final products!!!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      a rat on a Cheeto 😂

It was requested of me to cook Brisket this Friday. Not sure if I can swing it again next Friday. But you can bet, I sure will be watching!

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      DTro Bark Friday!! Love it! I think I may be down for this, too. But I will go half and half as well. Point: smoke. Flat: ‘strami

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      CREDIT: Richard Chrz coined the fraise "Bark Friday" Thank you Richard!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn - THAT'S a great idea. Don't know why I never thought of it. Except for the fact that the point makes my favorite pastrami as well. 😂

Depends how much leftovers we take home from our friends. Just the wife and I, and it's a 4 day weekend for me so it'd be brisket leftovers in the freezer or I guess I could share SOME at work the following Monday, but I prefer to cook things Sunday when I'm gonna share them at work.

Comment

I would love to but my in-laws are getting in to town the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I kind of got roped into promising to cook a brisket for them sometime while they are here.

But I could "mistakenly" think they are coming in to town on Friday and have the brisket ready to go then. Might just have to think about that...

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        A reheated brisket a la "The Wozniak Way" (or anything close to it) is still a wonderful good-as-fresh brisket. Just sayin'.

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        I am almost as big a fan of cold, leftover brisket as I am hot, fresh brisket. But I wouldn't want to waste any of those good leftovers either.

I have an Akaushi brisket as well, same as David’s. Here’s the thing, I want to corn the flat for pastrami so I’ll only smoke the point. Guess what I’m saying is I’m half in 👍👍

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah man, a point is the best part says me so you're ALL in!

Let's Go!!!!!

I have curing the brisket now for some pastrami!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4193.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1128294 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4196.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1128297 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4194.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1128298 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4197.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1128296 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4198.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1128295
      Great call Huskee

Comment

Cooked brisket last Friday. Dealing with last of leftovers tonight!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	brshawnee.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1128435

Comment

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice tray! is that for comp or is that just how you serve your friends?😀

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          All kinds of competition presentation!

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, a great present.

I’m in, maybe. Smoking a turkey on thanksgiving day on my WSM and I’ll have to do a quick cleanup of the WSM thanksgiving night to be able to start the brisket in the dark on Friday morning. Also contributing to the maybe, SWMBO will want to get rid of the turkey leftovers ASAP and may not want another meat competing with finishing the turkey. I have my work cut out for me.

Comment

My Akaushi brisket is in the garage fridge awaiting its overnight dry brine tonight before going on the smoker tomorrow night. I have no problem doing brisket two weekends in a row, but next weekend I have to travel down below to the in-laws for the turkey day. Maybe I'll take a smoker with me...

Comment

I’ve been wanting to smoke a brisket for Thanksgiving for years - the wife supports this idea! Usually too busy with all the other food, so we do a rib roast (in place of ham, which we ditched a few years ago).

We aren’t hosting the family meal for the first time in many years, so maybe this is my year…

Comment

If it becomes an annual thing, maybe I'll partake next year. I have a freezer absolutely stuffed right now, so need to focus on cooking things already have like at least one of the two whole turkeys and maybe the prime rib roast that's in there over the long Thanksgiving weekend. We've got a bunch of meat getting to or past the year mark that needs to get cooked.

Comment

• Draznnl
                Draznnl commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve got room in my freezer for anything I’d need to cook soon.

Edit: And then I read @Joey877’s post.
                Last edited by Draznnl; November 18, 2021, 04:07 PM.

Originally posted by glitchy View Post
              If it becomes an annual thing, maybe I'll partake next year. I have a freezer absolutely stuffed right now, so need to focus on cooking things already have like at least one of the two whole turkeys and maybe the prime rib roast that's in there over the long Thanksgiving weekend. We've got a bunch of meat getting to or past the year mark that needs to get cooked.
              Say the word and I'll send you my address so you can ship me anything that would otherwise go bad...

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                I also would like to be added to glitchy’s Secret Santa freezer delivery list.

I have some uncertainties about that day, but if I can work them out I’ll do the point I have in the freezer.

Comment

I have to work Black Friday, but I plan to smoke a brisket the following day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here