Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu Brisket #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu Brisket #3

Right on schedule got the Wagyu brisket and two 5lb chuckies in the RecTec. I was going to use the Lil Monster (Lang) but we're going to do some target shooting then kick back and enjoy some brew with my brother that I only see once a year. I will keep you updated... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0020.1 (1).jpg
Views:	134
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	107231
    Last edited by DWCowles; September 5, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Looks like you are right on target, pull the trigger! Dan

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Dan. I hope I time this one better than the last one.

Looking good DW. Have a great time shooting.

Comment

OH Yeah... that is gonna be good one! Have a great day, DW!

Comment

I read that as 2 5 lb chickens, those were some funky looking chickens.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe you need glasses _John_

You need to get that probe out that brisket, they don't like probes.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard I did take it out but only to turn it around so it will be in the thicker part of the flat.

Wait so DWCowles is pellets on a Labor Day weekend cook? What's this world coming to?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Compressed logs, get it right......

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      HAHAHA HAAAAAAAA! Looks like rabbit droppings

I see no finished pics....

Comment

Hey Ernest and Huskee check out this pellet brisket and pellet chuckies. The Wagyu brisket came out perfect so did the chuckies Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	107469 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	107470
      Last edited by DWCowles; September 5, 2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Beautiful. How's the pellet brisket taste compared to logs?

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee it had more of a beefy taste and not as strong with the smoke flavor. This one is far more the best brisket that I have cook. It was so tender and moist. I also used BBBR and wrap with foil instead of paper.
          Last edited by DWCowles; September 6, 2015, 07:36 AM.

That's a beautiful cook DWCowles !!

Comment

While I've never wrapped with paper, I do know a Wagyu brisket I did with foil in my opinion couldn't possibly have been any better. Sounds like you had the same experience! #livingvicariously

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here