Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From My Next Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From My Next Book

Here's a 4 minute video of how I am making the photos for my next book "The Meathead Method, Barbecue And Grilling As Art". Look at it large, please

Wow that looks awesome and the food looks great too!

So are you warming the food back up and eating it?

I would love to take pics like that but usually can’t wait to eat.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck yeah we eat it! Shoot fast eat the model is my motto.

• PBCDad
      PBCDad commented
      Editing a comment
      And that's why Meathead is no longer welcome at fashion shoots

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, I wanted to say something here but thought better of it!

Very impressive indeed. Would love to up my photographic game, I really like you're setup. Food as an art form, nice. Look forward to what you've about to launch, but is it really another almost 2 years in the making??

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Spring 2020. Sigh

Nicely done. Did you find a pen light of the right color temp, or did you correct in post?

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      I found a penlight and I set the color balance in the camera

Meathead, In MLTHOP YOU ARE LIVING TOO LARGE❓❗️❓ What Is Your Wasteband Size These Days❓❓❓ I Like Your Dog‼️ I Can't Wait For Your New C-Book To Come Out In 2020‼️
    From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

What a fun project!! Thank you for inviting us into your home, that is a very personal and intimate thing to do. Give Reese a scritch from Uncle CaptainMike!

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        She said thanks for the scritch!

What an interesting method of photography!

Comment

Spring 2020?!?! I'm not much in the virtuous department, hence no patience.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          I am SURE some of it will leak into the Pit

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          i can live with that.

Nice! Reminds me of my darkroom days (as an aspiring Ansel Adams), burning and dodging prints with oddly shaped or cut out pieces of cardboard.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! Very much like that!

Light painting is a cool technique to get stunning images.
        Look forward to purchase the book.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Superb!

Comment

Really cool! If you're moving the light over the twenty second exposure, how do the shadows appear?

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            They are cast by the light.

Drool. Those are amazing looking pics. What a fascinating look behind the scene of how that all works. Thanks! I cracked up at all the toys on your deck. You're worse than everyone in the Pit

Comment

Another book? How is this possible when you already wrote the complete bible?

Looks fantastic .... can't wait for this impossible book, now.

Comment

Very nice Meathead It was really cool to show us your digs. At least now we know your not living the big dream off of our dues.hehe For a second I thought Henrik took those photos. Keep up the great work my friend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here