Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Thermopro TempSpike Wireless Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: NEW Review - Thermopro TempSpike Wireless Probe

Get a sneak peek of our new complete review of the ThermoPro TempSpike wireless thermometer that received a Gold Medal for good performance and ease of use.

https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...pspike-review/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_188855.png
Views:	5890
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	1294389

Looks like a great deal right now. I was unable to resist. Instead of $100 I paid $50.

Name:	H5hEy5I.png
Views:	1099
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1294391

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a business account too, but When I went in it was back up to $99.99. I did get the $30 coupon though. I pulled the trigger cause I've been wanting another wireless thermometer for a while.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin I'm not see the business discount anymore. Too bad you missed it.

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      They're on sale. Got email from ThermoPro. Says blowout introductory offer of $56.00.
      The link from email is being repaired.
      Current Amazon price as $80

It's nice that Amazon currently has a $30 off coupon, that's quite rare.

Comment

• shify
      shify commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up. Very tempting

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack Nah, I don't rotisserie and can't think of a reason why I need this more than $70 (I have a wife, 2 teen boys plus 1 preteen boy), but $70 is a good price for something Bill rated Gold, I will say that. I would like to play with it but maybe at a later date.

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t see no stink in’ coupon…

Thanks, Clint Cantwell !

Comment

Thoughts on how it compares to early MEATER releases?

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Read the review and read the review of the Meater. And then you can ask the author a direct question.

Are there photos for size comparison / when it's inserted into meat? Is the probe the size of a standard #2 pencil, for example?

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        The review says in the summary that it is 0.25" in diameter. That would be much like a #2 pencil. That is also a LOT bigger than the wired probes I am used to. Those are probably closer to 1/8" in diameter.

Thanks for posting Clint Cantwell. And thanks for allowing to spend $70. I've wanted a wireless probe for a while. The $30 off made it a no-brainer. Actually it's only costing me about $4.70 for tax. A friend gave me a gift card for my birthday. The amount was $70 as that is how old I am. Been waiting for the right product and deal. I wait no more. Thanks again. It will be here Saturday. Once set up and used, I'll post my feedback.

Comment

$70 without a business account and $50 apparently if you have one. Pretty good deal.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs Here’s another example of the Amazon links only working one time, then it goes to "Amazon Comment". It looks like the original "good" link will only work one time…..See above ☝️☝️☝️ Huskee
          Last edited by Panhead John; September 17, 2022, 04:54 PM.

I think I’ll do this. One reason I don’t sous vide a lot is that there is so much variation in recommended cook times. If I know what that internal temp is, I’ll feel a lot more confident.

Comment

I took it on its maiden voyage in a chuck roast. I'm making burnt ends. When it was time to wrap having no wire to deal with was great. I like the app, the case, and the performance so far. Next I'll have to try it on the rotisserie.

Name:	20220917_122416~2.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1295577

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I read one Amazon review that said their meat overshot by 10 degrees due to slow updates. So user error is obviously part of it but it did make me wonder how slow these updates might be.

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          STEbbq ten degrees would be a major malfunction. I don't have mine, yet. It arrives today. But I would say that this person took their phone out of range for the last 10 degrees of the cook. It would take a really long time to induce a 10 degree rise in a piece of meat think enough to sink that thermometer

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          hoovarmin Agreed. I expect that is likely the scenario as well.

Attjack thanks for the positive take. Mine arrived about an hour ago. Haven't opened the shipping box yet. Looks like a Wendsday thing. Football, weather and doctor appointments getting in the way. How was the setup?

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Setup was very easy. It connected right away and has good range. I did have it lose connection when I was way in the front of the house which was not unexpected. I was very pleased that it was able to reconnect itself when I brought it back into range.

Damn, it's on discount again!

Name:	Temp.png
Views:	1384
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1296668

Comment

I finally got to set up. Just wanted to mention I had a burp when pairing the probe to the phone. I want to say a simple call to service, I got to someone in a minute or less. I was up and running in 10 minutes.
          Now the issue. After fully charging the booster and probe and removed the probe from the booster and opened the app. Tapped add device which I should see the device listed and ready to add. When I did It went to the app info just as if you went into app setting and tapped any app. The agent had me tap on permissions. He had me enable all permissions and go back to the add device and it showed up. I tapped and it was done. So if you are getting this device and having said issue make sure all permissions in the app are enabled. As far as using it is going to be a few days. Another doctor appointment Wednesday. Most likely Friday. I'm leaning towards Malcom Reeds "Not your Momma's Pot Roast." I have 4 of them in the freezer so why not.
          Last edited by RichieB; September 20, 2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I didn't see in a quick scan through the review - my question is, will the app receive signals from 3, 4 or 5 probes at once???

I'm waiting for a wireless version of the Fireboard with their software - those guys will get my money if they come up with it.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              Calling Clint Cantwell

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Clint didn't write the review.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point. I left a question on the Amazon page. Somewhere in there it was reported a 2-probe version was inbound at some point.

$80 today on either my personal account OR the business account. I woulda bought some if I'd'a known I coulda got 'em for $50.

Comment

• Allon
              Allon commented
              Editing a comment
              There's a coupon for Amazon. 30TPHP918 is the code. Advertising for under $60.00.

I have one and a 3 year warranty in my Amazon cart right now. Just doing some more research.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here