Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chuck Roast video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would those make good burnt ends?

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah. Go for it!

• Northside Brian
      Northside Brian commented
      Editing a comment
      When I saw that he had chopped it, I was thinking "I bet those would make great burnt ends".

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      @NorthsideBrian me too!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2809.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.27 MB ID:	279228
    Believe it or not - pulled tri-tip. 10 hours - delicious. The price per pound at Costco for bulk prime was right and I decided to experiment with one. 6 hours in smoke at 225. Transferred to Lodge Dutch oven - upped temp to 250 with 1 cup beef broth, jalapeños, onions, garlic, olive oil and a few pepper spices. I was planning on saving it all for Thursday for enchiladas. Half is gone due to a fork that couldn't stop going into my mouth. fuzzydaddy - first photo with new I-Phone 7.
    Last edited by tbob4; February 21, 2017, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I didn't make myself fat, it's the fork's fault!! I REALLY wish I could find tri-tip more often.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        My Costco had 5 packs for $4 a pound. I decided after seeing all of these pulled chuck posts lately "why not try with a tri-tip?" It needed the add-ins (broth, onions and jalapeños) for moisture to pull.

We love em!! Poor Man's Brisket for sure. And I mean that as an absolute compliment. They are also the right size for a small family or couple with leftovers. We like them pulled or chopped. But I really like them sliced! Thanks for sharing the video Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by PJBowmaster View Post
        We love em!! Poor Man's Brisket for sure. And I mean that as an absolute compliment. They are also the right size for a small family or couple with leftovers. We like them pulled or chopped. But I really like them sliced! Thanks for sharing the video Dave.
        You bet! Stay tuned. Next week we're working on a steak video!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you know about steak?

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Cooked one at band camp once

That Maniac guy gets around I just saw him in one of T-Roy's videos the other day.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          He's a maniac I tell ya.

Got my mouth a drooling. Went out and got 2 5 lbs of chuckies. Cooking em now. Will make a post when all is said and done

Comment

Got mine on the pit now!

Comment

Two 5 lb chuckies took 7 hrs 25 mins according to the fireboard. (3 inches thick). Been in the cambro for over an hour. Getting smoke off me then heading to neighbors for a date with Chuckie and some much needed beverages. Need some finished pics before I post my timeline

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like "and a splendid time is guaranteed for all"!

Darn, now I need to cook some chuckie tomorrow!

Comment

Smoked chuck roast will take your chili dial to 11! Don't take it to the point where it pulls. I take the chuck roast to 155, or so. Then cut into 1" chunks and proceed with my chili recipe from there. Try it .... you'll love it

Comment

Just smoked one of these yesterday. Family wanted pot roast, threw a 4 lb chuck roast in the smoker for a few hours, seared it, and threw in a slow cooker with some beef stock (from my last smoked stew) and veggies.

This is a great video! Agree that chuck doesn't get enough credit for how good it can smoke up (and chuck eye steaks are some of the best steaks for the money). Thanks for sharing!

Comment

OMG! ABC for the WIN!! I am just now sampling my results from chuckie done according to ABC video. Dayum! I have done chuck before, but this is the most succulent, flavorful one I have done yet. I don't think I will ever do this one any other way again! I started pulling this with two forks, and wound up using just my fingers, it was that tender! And the flavor! I can't stop eating it! I used the BBBR with a little cumin added. Dry brined two chunks for about 48 hours, then the rub. Onto the kettle/SnS/DnG combo at 230-250. It stalled out about 157 IT, and had plenty of bark, so I wrapped and kicked it to 300. Took it all the way to 210 IT, then shut the kettle vents down. The temp dropped and held to 170-180 for about 90 minutes. I couldn't wait any longer, so I pulled it. And I ate it. A LOT OF IT.

Two thumbs up! 👍👍
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice job. Congrats.

Comment

Fantastic lookin' chuckie, Thunder77 !!!
                  I can almost taste it from way yonder over here!!
                  Makin' any tacos today, or is there any left lol???

Comment

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm thinking tacos, if there is any left when I get home from work!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here