Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaiian Chicken Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawaiian Chicken Recipe

My brother-in-law is from Hawaii and he makes this simple marinade all the time. I like to let the chicken marinate overnight, he often cooks after marinating an hour or two. From searching the site this is similar to the Huli Huli recipe.

Marinade

Other than the pineapple juice I do not measure anything, all is to taste

1 - 6oz can pineapple juice
    Soy sauce
    Fresh grated ginger (although the bottled minced ginger works)
    Minced garlic
    Light brown sugar or honey

I think this works best with dark meat chicken. Let marinade as long as you wish then grill as normal. I'll baste the skin side with the marinade a couple of times before flipping them skin side down for the last few minutes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2821.JPG Views:	48 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	699445
    Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2823.JPG Views:	72 Size:	1,004.2 KB ID:	699444

Yowzer! Looks great!!!

Comment

That chicken looks great!

Comment

Thanks for posting, I was asking a Hawaiian co-worker about Huli Huli Chicken a couple weeks ago. This looks fabulous, gotta try this soon.

Comment

I like to use the Tupperware Season-Serve to marinate this chicken (and most things in general). The waffle board bottom and top lets the marinade get under the meat. I flip once during a 24 hour marinade.

From innovative kitchen products to a flexible and fun business opportunity. Join us, host a party, shop online, find great recipes & more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41NIxC-wdHL._SX466_.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	699468

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve had one of these for 10 years. It’s my go to for marinating chicken also. I’ve probably used it 300+ times. Great piece of kitchen equipment.

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee

That chicken looks amazing! I’ll be adding this one to my list to try.

Comment

That chicken looks Grand!

Comment

Top notch chicken!!

Comment

Do something very similar but with orange juice instead of pineapple. I’ll have to try your way next time we make it. Well done !!

Comment

First class no make thst business class.
                  They look superb.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B2A09CA1-3AE2-40E6-BBF7-F057F2FE5032.jpeg
Views:	671
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	701499 I
                    liked this post and I decided try some last night. I made Meatheads Huli Huli chicken and it was very good. I have more marinade so we will do this again. Next time I will let the chicken marinade overnight.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here